Russians Behind Sony Data Hack?

HardOCP News

[H] News
At this point, does anyone really care anymore who hacked Sony?

The information comes from internet firm Taia Global, which has released a report (PDF) claiming that not only were Russian hackers at least additionally, if not solely responsible for the intrusion into Sony’s networks, but also that they are still there, siphoning data off as we speak.

I like how what's her name was forced to resign.

I don't care who hacked them, but the fact that they are still hemorrhaging data and haven't fixed their security problems is interesting.

It's much more convenient to blame the Russians. Blaming NK is like blaming your dog. ( BAD DOG! BAAAD ) They listen and care just as much. Russia has reputation to lose at least and others will listen.

I don't know. Over the last few years, Russia has been actively trying to create a tough guy and a no fear of the West kind of reputation. If they have the capability to do something like this, and get away with it, that plays nicely into building up just the kind of reputation they seem to want.

US Propaganda:
The (insert current target) is responsible for (insert bad event).
Fix in some 'flat fact' statements and some agency name.

No different than any country.

Just recently CNN (I think) was saying Putin has Aspergers, according to the CIA.. first who cares?, and two, if this is not propaganda, I don't know what is.. since I can read Russian propaganda and used to read some Chinese propaganda (you know 'news') It looks and read so similar, is like WOW!

Back