Raptr Service Hacked, Accounts Compromised

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you use Raptr, you might want to read this. Hit the link to reset your password.

Maintaining the highest level of security around your Raptr account information is of the utmost importance to us, so we're very sorry to inform you that some Raptr user data may have been recently compromised in an attack similar to hacking activities that have targeted other high-profile sites and services such as Xbox Live and Sony's PlayStation Network. User names, email addresses, password hashes, and some first and last names may have been accessed. This means that although the passwords are hashed, users with weak passwords are vulnerable to unauthorized access.

Does anyone actually use this? I would custom install drivers just so I didn't have to install that piece of garbage.

My wife uses it. It's gotten her free goodies in Dragon Age Inquisition so she likes it. Personally....no way in hell I'd run it.

I like how I've been browsing the website for nearly a minute and still have no idea what the fuck Raptr does.

I think this just optomizes the game for you. I used it once, uninstalled it after. I was lured by freebies when you install it for some games. I really forgot that it takes your name and stuff though.

I always uncheck install for GeForce Experience and AMD Raptr because for me it just unnecessary bloat client when only used Steam any way.

I have an account but don't really use it. I'm tired of hearing about security breaches from everyone but the Company or Product breached. How hard is it to warn everyone via an email at the least?

Ironic, since Raptr is an abbreviation of raptor, which is derived from the Latin word rapere, which is literally "theft by force".

Good thing I just install the bare drivers and no bloat. Not even CCC.

...Would have thought RAPTR would have sent this information out to its users, this is the first I have heard of this.

Back