Step Inside Your Isolation Pod, Worker Drone, and Be Free

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Here’s an idea you could sell to your HR department to increase employee morale and efficiency, two buzz words that really get their attention. The Orrb is the ultimate in providing the frazzled employee an escape into a quiet sanctuary for a few minutes, which in turn, will foster a more proficient employee. Or not, it can also be used to grab a quick nap. :D

The only buzz words that really get HR's attention are maternity leave and paid vacation.

Can I move my work computer into one of these and call it done? Hopefully they're climate controlled.

Trying to focus on programming and every 5 minutes there's some random conversation or guy walking by to bug me. Never mind the guy that loves to open the office window when it's 35 degrees outside (because the indoor heat is actually on).

Oh well, a guy can dream. Though I imagine being locked in a small capsule for hours on end would do things to your mind after a while, probably not a good idea.

Can I move my work computer into one of these and call it done? Hopefully they're climate controlled.

Trying to focus on programming and every 5 minutes there's some random conversation or guy walking by to bug me. Never mind the guy that loves to open the office window when it's 35 degrees outside (because the indoor heat is actually on).

Oh well, a guy can dream. Though I imagine being locked in a small capsule for hours on end would do things to your mind after a while, probably not a good idea.

Hey now, that guy that is opening the window is just being courteous. After all, you can always put on a sweater, but he can only get so naked b4 you call the cops.

the-isolator.jpg

LOL, he can concentrate on the pain in his shoulders from wearing that contraption.

I'd need it for the opposite (while I do prefer peace and quiet like you ) , would want it to be super cooled inside to get away from the damn women running space heaters even in the middle of the summer because they are cold from the AC running......

I would love a cubicle, super tired of open layout office of the future. :(

Don't worry they are coming out with a new open layout isolator seats 6 but only takes up 2x the space.

I'd rather have a sensory deprivation chamber at work, so I can go and hallucinate a little when I'm on my break.

I can see some people going for a quickie in one of these. After a few weeks use this thing is going to be about as clean and relaxing to be in as a porta-potty.

Some people should NEVER be a spokesperson for their products. The combination of this guys looks and voice can only result in pointing and laughing.

Some people should NEVER be a spokesperson for their products. The combination of this guys looks and voice can only result in pointing and laughing.

? i don't notice nothing wrong with his voice. Is it the mild (very mild) english accent?

All in all he looked pretty darn standard. /shrugs

I dunno, this seems pretty interesting. I would love to take a quick nap during the day or at least somewhere I can just chill for 15 mins. Although, I can totally see people misusing this.

Why not build a box with some ventilation, some basic sound proofing and a lounge chair?

I love to see people waste money on impractical things

Back