coincidence or a more serious issue ?

DFournierC

n00b
Hi guys,

Pardon me for my english, and the long message.

I have 3 computers in the house: a i5 based (linux mint), a phenom II X2 (Win7) and a pentium based laptop (Win8).

Lets start with the first computer, the i5 based one: when i assembled it, i did put a 7750 in it, i had the card here and was planning to upgrade it later. But i removed it and now use the intel graphics because i had serious boot issue and distortion on the sound over the hdmi.The bios issues include: extra slow to boot bios, graphical glitch in the bios. And, weirdly, when the bios is slow to boot, the whole computer is unusuably slow, even when booted on mint.Beside that, i also have mouse/keyboard delay sometime, which seem to appear when the disk is working. The mouse/keyboard (wireless, but the same happen with wireds) delay is the only thing that happen again after the removal of the 7750 (and disapear if i unplug and replug the usb dongle).

The second, phenom II X2 based, plugged on a APC backups: hang on on firefox, mouse froozen and slow to react. Graphical glitch on the win7 taskbar (as far as i can see) and dont want to boot sometime until we switch the psu off and back on.

The third and last, the laptop: sometime dont want to boot if plugged in the wall. The power button just dont work.

So now, i wonder if the problem isnt outside of those 3 computers, and more into the house walls, electrical issues ?.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Get an electrician to come over and check your electricity.

I'll get into that, but since we rent the place, we probably should talk to the proprietary (...) first about it.

Thanks

A little precision over my mouse/keyboard delay issue: if i unplug the dongle and plug it back, the delay disappear.

PS: Yeh the mouse and keyboard are wireless, but i have the same issue with a wired one.

You might be having a grounding issue... are you using different plugs for all of these? / 3 prong / 2 prong plugs (old house)? If you are careful and have a multimeter you could hook it up to your plugs and take a look at what kind of voltage and the likes you are getting. But please dont shock yourself.

Hi,

I'm too scared to check it myself, so no worry i will not shock myself ;) But yes i have 3 prongs everywhere and the house isnt that old (90's). But i have a wiring checker on my back ups, where the phenom is, and the light isnt on, so ground is probably ok.

For the voltage on the wall outlet, that will not affect the output voltage of the psu, which i can see in the bios ?

PS: Btw, everything is ok for now, i cant seem to repeat any issues i said in the first post...i kinda hate it.

EDIT: My mouse delay just hapenned again, since a while it didnt do it, as fix i unplugged the usb wireless dongle and replugged it, as i said earlier on the thread.

Last edited:
Back