No monitor signal after reboot when removing/installing nvidia drivers?

Alag28

Gawd
id just like an explanation why this happens.

for example i went ahead and installed the new nvidia drivers 347.25 for my reference 970. before i did, i uninstalled the old drivers and when it successfully uninstalled, it asked me to reboot, i hit reboot, but without ANY logo, bios, any kind of splash...my monitor loses signal and i have to manually reset the computer

this also happened when i installed the new driver, it asked me to reboot and same thing. my monitor just loses signal and dosent continue with a successful reboot. but everything is back to normal as soon as i hit the reset switch on my case.

Can it be that the video signal temporarily dosent communicate with my hdmi input?

I havent bothered to uninstall previous versions of NV drivers for ages and I've never had issues.

Install over the old ones, reboot once, turn SLI back on and done.

Honestly no idea. Many things happens without logical reasoning. As long as it works :)

I've seen this before with a faulty HDMI cable, but it sounds like your issue is software related. Definitely try running DDU as c3k stated especially if you've previously had an AMD card installed, you might have some type of driver conflict there.

I've seen this before with a faulty HDMI cable, but it sounds like your issue is software related. Definitely try running DDU as c3k stated especially if you've previously had an AMD card installed, you might have some type of driver conflict there.

my build is pretty fresh, my current card (reference nvidia 970) has been the only card in my system with 0 trace of AMD stuff on my pc....

update

instead going into control panel unistalling the display driver from there
i went ahead and used DDU, the clean and restart, and everything restarted fine..no blackscreens

hmm...weird

LOL. Glad it worked for you. DDU can be very helpful for odd issues.

No BIOS screen at start-up ... that's ... yeah that's weird. Maybe power off the PC.

My guess is this is probably Windows 8.1 with UEFI enabled doing a fastboot thinking you still have your graphics drivers installed. I would suggest shutdown instead of restart after you've finished uninstalling the drivers the official way. Nice of DDU to sort this out though.

Back