Bungie Finally Addressing Heavy Ammo Glitch

HardOCP News

[H] News
After months of ignoring players complaints about this bug (and many others), it seems Bungie might be finally getting the message that fixing the actual game is more important than patching loot caves and cheese spots.

If you’ve spent any time reading about Destiny on a forum where Guardians congregate, you know this is far from hypothetical. It happens to us all. It makes Raids harder to clear. It deprives you of precious Glimmer, and patience. Frankly, it sucks. For some time now, we’ve been tracking this one. To date, the best we’ve been able to do is to admit that we were aware of the issue. This week, we can give you some additional information.

It was obvious that there was a capacity bug with heavy ammo. I remember a friend telling me about having a heavy ammo modifier on his character and it added like a single rocket. He was unimpressed.

I read the article and it looks like they are storing the value for the amount of ammo in inventory as "percentage of maximum capacity" instead of "actual number of rounds"

When the character respawns, it re-adds the ammo as a percentage of UNmodified capacity, and then loads the capacity modifiers afterwards.

Sounds like a early design shortcut that came back to bite them. It makes me wonder if ammo cap modifiers weren't part of the game design originally, and it was tacked-on during the beta.

Back