Intel Aims To Transform Today's Workplace

HardOCP News

[H] News
Responding to the needs of a more mobile and distributed workforce, the 14 nm 5th Generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors, featuring Intel® Pro Wireless Display and Intel® Wireless Docking technologies, along with security capabilities, will allow small, medium and large companies to enable a better way to work by encouraging more creativity and collaboration among workers, improving employee and organizational productivity in a secure way.

What a bunch of bullshit from intel. Their idea of an ideal workspace is half height, half size cubes. Only some people get those though, the other people get non assigned workstations.
Anyways, I'm guessing they are advertising this as better for that since you don't have to physically connect your laptop.

As an engineer, I can say without a doubt this is not more collaborative. It's loud and distracting. Intel and companies like it are trying to push these type of work areas because they are lower cost. Thank God my current employer is not on board with that bs. While I live in cube land, at least it's a full size one and has full height walls.

The open office concept honestly sucks and just like ITIL, 6 Sigma, and PMP is just another scam concept that some people came up with to make money off.

Back