Business PDF Editing Proposal Help

Hello [H]! My company recently started digitalizing our work flow throughout our company. It finally got to my department and they're asking people in my team for suggestions. I thought maybe the [H] would have more experience and suggestions with what laptop/tablet and/or software for reading digital PDF reports and annotation.

Parameter should fit in:

• Tablet/Laptop with Multi Sensitive Pen
  • Windows Operating System
  • Software that Supports PDF File annotation
  • External Monitor is a plus
  • Physical Keyboard/Number Pad/Mouse
  • Space isn't important because we utilize a network drive
  • Good size and resolution is also a huge plus

Of course we can just use our current cheap all-in-one Lenovo PCs and pair it with Adobe Acrobat PDF editor, but I honestly hope we don't go that route because it's just not as fun as a tablet/laptop! Internally I'm screaming "SURFACE PRO 3 PLEASE," so I can play with it at work. But I have to consider the companies budget and reliability before proposing any hardware. I want to make a strong proposal or else they would throw the whole idea out. My direct manager is hoping we could come up with a great mobile hardware proposal, so we can also suggest to human resources to allow us to work from home occasionally.

So I guess a small info about work would be helpful. I'm a Medical Coder and we receive hundreds of operative reports daily. We currently print out each report, annotate the reports, and file the copies away. We are trying to get away from physical printing and annotating on paper. Because come on, it's the 21st century. Our annotations aren't too dramatic, just quick underlines, boxes, notes, and comments at the end of the report. That's why I find annotating with a mouse and keyboard would be too much work, compared to annotating with a touchscreen and pen.

My team isn't too big, so it seems reasonable. But at the same time budget needs to be considered because we can't spend thousands on so many new hardware to not fully utilize the system. Any recommendations? Suggestions? SP3? Lenovo Yoga? External Wacom? Yeah that last one is probably too dramatic. :rolleyes:

So do you really need or want the hybrid capabilities of a device like a Surface Pro 3 and a Core processor? Could you get by with perhaps a Atom tablet that can connect to an external monitor?

So do you really need or want the hybrid capabilities of a device like a Surface Pro 3 and a Core processor? Could you get by with perhaps a Atom tablet that can connect to an external monitor?

What are the benefits of an Atom processor? Lower power and wattage? We do utilize a software that houses documents and medical information. It also generates report on the data input to it. But that might be a ram specific thing though. A physical keyboard attachment would be beneficial though.

Back