Comcast Bill Calls Customer An A**hole

O___O

Geez! Whenever I call clients assholes, it's where no one can hear, not on their gorram bill ._.

Seriously, I am wondering if the customer may have entered their account info in himself. Otherwise, this is what we have to look forward to in our Time Warner region. Someone is going to be out a job by the looks of it.

Have to say looking a few other bills online, that bill does not look legit at all. XFINITY internet wasn't listed as such, it broke it down by speed class, equipment rental, etc, and XFINITY TV is just 2.50?
I'm calling shenanigans.

Have to say looking a few other bills online, that bill does not look legit at all. XFINITY internet wasn't listed as such, it broke it down by speed class, equipment rental, etc, and XFINITY TV is just 2.50?
I'm calling shenanigans.

Well, supposedly Comcast offered to refund the person for 2 years worth of service.

I just had a Customer who's name was Focksdick the other night.. I about died lol.. But this is amusing. If they signed up for there services online this might have slipped through . I have seen funner things happen .. Had an Asian customer reset there password and the random password generated was squintyeyes lol She was hot to say the least.

The Brown after Asshole is a giveaway of possible shenanigans.

She claims Comcast offered to credit the last 2 years AND provided 2 years of free service?

Can I get someone to change my name? :D

Maybe if they paid their bill a bit more often than every 3 months....

Comcast seems genuinely sorry for what happened, but Brown wonders if it’s sorry enough.

“This is unacceptable,” she says. “I am requesting everything back I paid Comcast for doing this to me.”

But what is enough? Should Comcast refund two years’ worth of cable bills? Or is an apology, a refund of the cancellation fee, and firing the employee, enough?

Brown is negotiating with Comcast today, so your feedback will be helpful.

Here’s hoping Comcast’s other reps will keep their opinions of their customers to themselves. Based on their customer service scores, we kinda know what they’re thinking.

Do we really need to have it in writing?

Update (4:20 p.m.): Brown says Comcast contacted her this afternoon, offering her a full refund for the last two years and two years of service at no charge.

Comcast should change her name to Bitch next.

Yea it's really sad when you see comcast fuck up, and then the customer makes themselves look like more of a douche than the company.

Something hovering around the back of my neck tells me there's more to this story than meets the eye.

Maybe if they paid their bill a bit more often than every 3 months....

Not everyone is as wealthy as you are and they offer that as an option. It can really make a difference when you are on a low or fixed income.

Not everyone is as wealthy as you are and they offer that as an option. It can really make a difference when you are on a low or fixed income.

No need to attack me, if you read the page, she is 3 months behind in back payments lol.

by the way, i am on a fixed income, so i dont buy what i cant pay for so go stand on your soap box somewhere else

I'm on a fixed income.. Had to move from one apartment to another.. I tried to use the moving service telling Comcast I was perfectly capable of screwing the cables into my cable box and modem on my own, and calling them with the numbers to activate it in the new apartment.

Nope, they said with X1 it's their policy to have them come and install it.

Apparently it's also policy to charge $80 to do so. That works out to about $2.50 per foot away from the apartment I moved from.

Fuck Comcast. They can eat the corn out of my shit. But I have the option of either them, or nothing.

Damn son, I can never slide that far on my Comcast bill and still keep my internet connected.

Damn son, I can never slide that far on my Comcast bill and still keep my internet connected.

tv and internet with comcast where i am gets shut off within a day or 2 of missing the due date.

I really can't understand why she even had to go as far as to want a refund on 2 years of service. I really think that is way too far. She paid for the service and got what she paid for, I think it's morally wrong and makes her look worse than Comcast in my honest opinion.

Those bills are printed by an automated system so sounds bit fishy in terms of if that is the name he had set on the account. If that is the case this isn't news worthy.

They're just calling it the way I see it in this bill... Past due... You're an asshole. PAY YOUR BILL!

Sure, wrong and all. But her demands are crazy, and by the way, you signed up for another 2 years of a service you can't afford.

I have no sympathy for her.

I'm pretty sure that changing the name on the bill is not official policy at Comcast and just something a customer service agent thought would be funny. But, would the customer even be responsible for a bill that is not in their name? And while doing such a thing is highly unprofessional, you can't dismiss the possibility that this guy was actually an asshole.

I'd be willing to bet that there is a lot of background story here that we are not getting. It wouldn't surprise me if this guy had some sort of billing dispute (why is the account 3 months over due and a "partial credit" listed on the bill?) and berated the customer service agent over it. Again, not a professional response, but the guy could have been an asshole.

I just had a Customer who's name was Focksdick the other night.. I about died lol.. But this is amusing. If they signed up for there services online this might have slipped through . I have seen funner things happen .. Had an Asian customer reset there password and the random password generated was squintyeyes lol She was hot to say the least.

I once had to work with a guy via phone on a problem, when I asked him his name he acted like he didn't want to tell me then he said, "Dick Blood".
Man if that don't make you wince....

Saw this on facebook this morning. Wish someone would change my name so i can get free two years of service.

"Hey, I'm not an asshole!"

"Wow, we're very sorry, here's some free stuff."

"No way, I want more free stuff!"

"I see...you really are an asshole!"

This is why I am for an Econ Class in high school that you have to pass to graduate. Simply put, if you can't afford it, why did you go beyond your means? Does cable keep you warm in the winter or cool in the summer? Does cable keep food in your stomach? Does it keep gas in your car? Not really something you "have to have" is it? That's why this country is buried in debt....Stupidity versus actual need.

:mad:

This is why I am for an Econ Class in high school that you have to pass to graduate. Simply put, if you can't afford it, why did you go beyond your means? Does cable keep you warm in the winter or cool in the summer? Does cable keep food in your stomach? Does it keep gas in your car? Not really something you "have to have" is it? That's why this country is buried in debt....Stupidity versus actual need.

:mad:

Yup, and most of the carriers around here have a subsidized service for low income people called lifeline. It might not be fast, but at least it gives you connectivity. It is like these people I see who go out and buy Escalades from the buy here pay here lots and then get them repo'd shortly after because they couldn't afford it.

Ah yes. The Comcast TV $2.50 special. They tried really hard to get me to sign up for that. They also wanted me to bundle everything together. I only have internet. I finally got one of the telemarketers to clearly mark my account that if they ever called me for anything that wasn't bill related I would cancel on the spot. I'm still thinking about Century Link. I say let Comcast squirm a little. The bastards deserve it.

I'm pretty sure that changing the name on the bill is not official policy at Comcast and just something a customer service agent thought would be funny. But, would the customer even be responsible for a bill that is not in their name? And while doing such a thing is highly unprofessional, you can't dismiss the possibility that this guy was actually an asshole.

I'd be willing to bet that there is a lot of background story here that we are not getting. It wouldn't surprise me if this guy had some sort of billing dispute (why is the account 3 months over due and a "partial credit" listed on the bill?) and berated the customer service agent over it. Again, not a professional response, but the guy could have been an asshole.

It's possible that it was changed, but the front end or middleware couldn't change it back. If they're using the billing system I think they use, it's not easy to work with and whenever you take an update from Oracle, you'll probably have to update a lot of customized modules. It may be different for Comcast, but IME, it's not a good system.

Hi All

I see some folk here think that because the woman was behind in her payments, she somehow deserves being called out of her name. Or that maybe some shenanigans are happening here. To be sure shenanigans did happen in the form of the customer service rep going into that women's account & changed her name.
As far as what that women's financial situation is I don't know & I'm sure no one here knows it either.
What I do know is that a Comcast employee crossed the line, & Comcast as a company has to make it right.
As a physical therapist I have on occasion had patients curse me but I have never responded in anger towards them. I know that as a representative of the hospital I can't respond in kind. In addition I have compassion for the person in question, something that is in short supply these days.

Back