Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling AIO KiT @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling AIO KiT - Swiftech's H240-X is not your typical All-in-One, aka "AIO," CPU cooler. It is also a bit more expensive than your usual AIO. It does however deliver to you a tremendously upgradable equipment set that allows its buyers a economical ramp into a fully custom liquid cooling system for your entire computer.

Great review, love the H240X, expanded mine to my 290X and another 140mm rad...so quiet compared to my old setup. They get my vote for sure.

Roughly 6 degrees cooler than Noctua D15 and nearly as silent.
Other AIO coolers need to run almost twice as loud to complete.

I would buy this, but I'm still using the rad and pump from the swiftech "AIO" diy kit i bought with my Core2 Quad Q6600.

I upgraded the block to Apogee HD when i moved sockets to my 2600k, and upgraded to noctua fans to quiet things down a bit (dropped the radbox)

You can easily do the same with this AIO so it seems fairly future proof.

So to summerize, if you want the best, get this. If you want the quitest get this.
If you want to save money gtfo :cool:

Thanks for getting on this review so quick, I think a lot of us were chomping at the bit for this after seeing the 220x review. I've been really pleased with mine so far. Great temps and dead silence. Yeah, it costs a bit more, but I feel like its well worth it considering the quality of the what you're paying for and not just another asetek clone.

Roughly 6 degrees cooler than Noctua D15 and nearly as silent.
Other AIO coolers need to run almost twice as loud to complete.

I would buy this, but I'm still using the rad and pump from the swiftech "AIO" diy kit i bought with my Core2 Quad Q6600.

I upgraded the block to Apogee HD when i moved sockets to my 2600k, and upgraded to noctua fans to quiet things down a bit (dropped the radbox)

You can easily do the same with this AIO so it seems fairly future proof.

So to summerize, if you want the best, get this. If you want the quitest get this.
If you want to save money gtfo :cool:
In the long run - I'd wager you would save money. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it :p I was losing confidence in my H80i, I simply wasn't getting the performance I was as when I first got it.

So I was watching the H220 VGA Expansion video and it doesn't seem to be very hard to add in a video card to the watercooling loop. I might give this a try in the near future. Thx for the review!

Can anyone confirm that the Swiftech H240-X cannot be mounted vertically like I did here with the H100i?

a28Rekt.jpg

The only orientation the H220X and H240X cannot be mounted in, is at the bottom of the case with the reservoir facing up and the radiator at the bottom.

Front, back, side, top are all mounting possibilities as far as I know.

In the review they used different thermal paste from the Swiftech stock one. How much this is improving performance and location in the charts?

So I was watching the H220 VGA Expansion video and it doesn't seem to be very hard to add in a video card to the watercooling loop. I might give this a try in the near future. Thx for the review!

Yeah I always considered water cooling as too much effort and investment for results gained but 240-X + additional 240/280mm radiator + fullcover block look quite interesting and easy to do.

If only they were available in more than two shops in Europe :D

I think it would be really smart of them to use QDCs for expansions. That way, you wouldn't even need to drain the system. Just sell prefilled parts with QDCs, and you can simply swap it in. Sure, it'll raise the price, but I think for many, the convenience and easiness factor will be worth it.

I think it would be really smart of them to use QDCs for expansions. That way, you wouldn't even need to drain the system. Just sell prefilled parts with QDCs, and you can simply swap it in. Sure, it'll raise the price, but I think for many, the convenience and easiness factor will be worth it.

You should send them this suggestion for revision 2.0 of the product I think its a good point.

If only they were available in more than two shops in Europe
I live in Canada and I have not received my unit despite having ordered it 4 weeks ago.
The waiting period is 3-6 weeks which is absolutely ridiculous.

Yup. Though the only problem I do have with qdc's are the size of them.

Nobody has any idea?

It does not improve location in the charts due to all the other heatsinks being tested having the same thermal paste. Therefore, the only variable is the cooling capabilities of the system itself.

As for actual performance, it likely improves it a few degrees. Most thermal pastes are within 1-4 C of each other.

No.

Waiting 4-6 weeks for a rebate is ridiculous.

No and no.

The interest lost on $40 for a period of 3 weeks can be estimated at around $0.10. :rolleyes:

Now, for your information, the Haswell-E CPU does not come with a cooler. Being unable to complete my new build due to a missing component worth much more than $0.10 in my humble opinion.

If only Swiftech's availability in Europe was something better than 'unmitigated disaster'.

I would buy it but importing it+customs = prohibition. No go issue at the moment. :runningincirclescrying:

Here is an insight of what is currently going on at the Slowtech factory:

factory_worker_sleeping_in_pipe_42-17251351.jpg

So, anyone out there add a 3rd fan to their H240-X? I wonder how much it'd help temps...

You have to wonder how Slowtech can survive considering that their key products are consistently unavailable (without any pre-order possibility).
I will order a Corsair H110i GT once it will be back in stock.

You have to wonder how Slowtech can survive considering that their key products are consistently unavailable (without any pre-order possibility).
I will order a Corsair H110i GT once it will be back in stock.
Maybe Swiftech survive because they are so much better that product demand is just much more than their factory can produce. . :D

Here is an insight of what is currently going on at the Slowtech factory:

factory_worker_sleeping_in_pipe_42-17251351.jpg

Not really fair.

They are a relatively small company with a huge hit on their hands.

I'd be willing to bet they are working a lot of overtime to try to fill orders.

So, anyone out there add a 3rd fan to their H240-X? I wonder how much it'd help temps...

I threw a gelid silent 14 PWM fan on the bottom side of mine, but also switch some other fans around at the same time, dropped 5 degrees, but ive expanded the loop and have a 290X in there and a UT60 140mm rad as well. It helps for sure, but I only imagine 1-2 degrees, its a fairly low FPI rad, not very restrictive. I just had the fan so I threw it in.

Got a new one coming in (Last one had pump issues). I moved to a 450D case from the 650D as I wanted something a little smaller, hopefully I should have no issues fitting this cooler in there.

Zarathustra[H];1041442848 said:
Not really fair.

They are a relatively small company with a huge hit on their hands.

I'd be willing to bet they are working a lot of overtime to try to fill orders.

The H240 was unavailable for more than 6 weeks. I do not see why it takes that long to manufacture such a product unless it is made of unobtainium.

The H240 was unavailable for more than 6 weeks. I do not see why it takes that long to manufacture such a product unless it is made of unobtainium.

I believe their products are made in China. so the whole union problem out at the coast lines are probably not doing anyone any favors. I remember seeing a post from a NZXT rep saying they were feeling the pinch as well.

Not sure if that is it, but I do know it is causing some issues for people.

Edit from their forums:

Hi Jason,

Yes, we're working on it. Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to produce these in the quantity of some of the larger companies like Corsair, but we're working on improving our production capabilities to produce these quicker and in larger quantities. I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

http://forums.swiftech.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3032&sid=6c21dddc32a8cef926335a5c74cb280d

A dedicated production line can produce product rather quickly, but most products are not produced on single production lines. Also, many production lines do several different products, meaning the time to product the product must be scheduled into production line .. sand depending on how busy the line is. could take several weeks or possibly months.

First Swiftech has to have the financing to pay for an order. Once order is placed the company has to order all the parts needed to assemble systems. Now the "manufacturer" has to order all the different parts as well as schedule their building of whatever they do in house, and put it all together.

The H220-X for example has several different products; pump radiator hose, wiring, connectors, water block, etc. The pump is also a combination of a pump and motor .. which may or may not be made in same place. Many other parts are also probably not made in the same factory, so all are gathered for the final assembly and packaging .. including the box, instruction manual, etc.

Then is time to load them into a container (either a full container of coolers or possibly a container full of many things), schedule and ship container to the coast, schedule and ship container by ship to final port, process through customs, ship to distributor .. and finally sell to retail customer.

The time involved is not weeks, but months. Initial manufacturing is at least a month and often 2-3 months. Loading a container ship takes a couple days (after all containers are assembled at container port), then approximately 3 weeks at sea from the orient to USA west coast (5 weeks to Europe), unloading another couple days, custom is also a couple days, then trucking is 2-7 days.

That's how from the day company orders product to the day they receive it can tick up to weeks and months .. making what you might think is only a week or two's work turn into many months.

Just got a new H240-X and I can see the improvement from the one I received a few months back. Kudos to swiftech for making these subtle changes as they are more effective, the wiring and materials is much improved.

Now I also wanted to add the the pump seems a little noisy, is that normal? I heard there was a fix for that but could not find anything.

I saw a post on Swiftech forum by Bryan saying to make sure coolant is full and that sometimes adding a drop of dish soap helps.

Cool will look into that. Also anyone know how to remove the 5.25 bay inside the 450D case?

Well, it did not last long. Out of stock again....
Corsair H110i GT FTW?

Corsair sent a notice to retailers recalling their new Hydro H110i GT CPU Cooler. The reason for the recall is for something that is a fairly unlikely scenario, if the unit goes below -10'C then it will leak. Something seems quite strange with this recall. I would expect most if not all CLCs .. even custom loops .. to potentially freeze and break / leak if exposed to -10c temperatures. After all, how many have antifreeze in them? ;)

Wait for Swiftech. Much better cooler.

The issue with the Corsair leaking was those being exposed to sub-freezing temps during transportation.

Back