Angry Tweeting Can Kill You

HardOCP News

[H] News
A new study has found that angry tweeting can increase your risk of dying of heart disease. :eek:

Venting your anger on Twitter may feel therapeutic, but it could also increase your risk of dying of heart disease, a new study has found. According to researchers at the University of Pennsylvania, there is a strong correlation between a community's use of negative emotional language on Twitter and heart disease mortality.

Sometimes I feel like these studies would be better off trying to disprove gravity.

As has been said a billion times before... correlation does not equate to causation. Maybe there's a bunch of people with heart disease who are venting their anger on Twitter?

Stupid studies are stupid.

CorrelationandCausality.jpg

Fact: Mexican Lemons KILL!
When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!

CorrelationandCausality.jpg

Fact: Mexican Lemons KILL!

Isn't that showing the other way around, as more lemons are imported there are less fatalities. When we only imported about 230 there was a rate of 15.9. as we got closer to 540 tons the rate dropped down to 14.8.

So in other words buy as many lemons as you can so that we can import more and save more lives.

Yeah... or people that are angrier in daily life are also people who are more likely to tweet angrily, and have that lifestyle to blame, not just freaking angry tweeting. Why in shit's name does this sort of nonsense reach the front page...

Isn't that showing the other way around, as more lemons are imported there are less fatalities. When we only imported about 230 there was a rate of 15.9. as we got closer to 540 tons the rate dropped down to 14.8.

So in other words buy as many lemons as you can so that we can import more and save more lives.

Yes, yes it is. Not a big shocker to see him misinterpreting things as usual :D, anyway I'm off to be a good samaritan and order some lemons for import!

On page 34 is an ECG ( electro cardio gram ) of a person who's angry versus the same person not angry:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Reduce-Wo...orkplace&pebp=1422387157401&peasin=1564148181

I gave my 2 copies to friends but in the "calm" ecg , the graph is smooth and flowing and in the anger ecg, the graph looks like a Richter scale earthquake graph.

Practically everyone on [H] and everyone in the States should read this book.

'Murica fuck yeah.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back