Intel Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend

HardOCP News

[H] News
Intel Corporation's board of directors has declared a quarterly dividend of 24 cents per share (96 cents per share on an annual basis) on the company's common stock. The dividend will be payable on March 1, 2015, to stockholders of record on Feb. 7, 2015. Intel is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. As a leader in corporate responsibility and sustainability, Intel also manufactures the world's first commercially available "conflict-free" microprocessors.

I've got to learn more about dividends. As I understand it, I could give Intel $20 today, and assuming that the value of the stock never changes, and that dividends remain the same, I would get $1/year for the rest of my life.

Is that about right?

I've got to learn more about dividends. As I understand it, I could give Intel $20 today, and assuming that the value of the stock never changes, and that dividends remain the same, I would get $1/year for the rest of my life.

Is that about right?

Yes, but dividends don't usually remain the same they are usually directly paired to profit margins. Also, if you don't reinvest the dividend in the same stock you pay taxes on it of course. Even if you do, you will pay for it when you sell the stock it buys. But this can be better since capital gains are currently lower than what you will probably pay on income.

The other way to think of it is basically its .048%... you can get .95% with a high yield savings account with american express. So unless you think intel stock is going go go up more than .91% a year you probably shouldn't do it.

Then on top of that understand that the general consensus is that everything the government has done to boost the stock market will cause it to crash again soon. Most place i've came across is sometime in 2016 now. It used to be expected this year but the fact that things are going so poorly in other regions is delaying it.

I'd wait for the bubble to pop before i'd invest is the tldr.

The other way to think of it is basically its .048%... you can get .95% with a high yield savings account with american express. So unless you think intel stock is going go go up more than .91% a year you probably shouldn't do it.
Taxes aside, are these numbers really right? It looks to me like a decimal point might have been misplaced unless I missed something. A 1% savings account with $20 in it should get $0.20/year. If I had put $20 on Intel, I'd be getting $1/year. A 5% return on my investment vs. a 1% return. Even after taxes, dividends still look to be the better deal.

Back