Call of Duty: World at War 2 Reveal Coming in May

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Leaked posters tell the tale: Treyarch and Activision will be unveiling Call of Duty: World at War 2 on May 4th according to the promo poster. The poster also revealed that the first platform to be supported will be Xbox. The timing is right for the unveiling, following a pattern of May unveilings.

While Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare took gamers into the future with some next-gen weapons, exosuits and more, World at War II will bring things back to reality, and history.

So......you get to kill Nazis and listen to pre-pube kids who have shitty and stupid parents scream at you in their high-pitched voices. Wow--sounds like almost every other CoD game.

Pre-order now to get the exclusive Hitler campaign. Marry Eva Braun, find her cyanide capsules, and shoot yourself before the Allies can get to you.

Good, I've been missing ww2 shooters.

Yeah, I might actually give this a look. I remember many years ago when everyone was clamoring for something new when WW2 was getting way overdone. Now the same can be said for modern shooters.

Call of Duty returning to an actual conflict could be a good thing. I'm tired of the hollywood shooters. I hope they keep the story to a minimum and simply focus on historical accuracy and good gameplay. Probably not... but one can dream.

World_of_World_War_II_3.png

Anything to get shooters away from stupid fucking gadgets that substitute skill for gimmicks.

I for one hope they find a way to shoehorn even dumber mechanics into the game

I for one hope they find a way to shoehorn even dumber mechanics into the game

And whatever you do. Please no dedicated servers. No one wants those. I really love playing on someone's shitty dialup connection seemingly located in Afghanistan.

And whatever you do. Please no dedicated servers. No one wants those. I really love playing on someone's shitty dialup connection seemingly located in Afghanistan.

...that's routed through the games stats servers that induce "the Green Auto-Guess Mark on the Camera Dial" hit detection "physics"!

I will probably get this one eventually as long as one this is true: It is not a shooter on hard rails like the first one was. (I bought the first one on sail and it was the poster child for rail shooters.)

Yeah, I might actually give this a look. I remember many years ago when everyone was clamoring for something new when WW2 was getting way overdone. Now the same can be said for modern shooters.

Call of Duty returning to an actual conflict could be a good thing. I'm tired of the hollywood shooters. I hope they keep the story to a minimum and simply focus on historical accuracy and good gameplay. Probably not... but one can dream.

WWII also had a good blend of technology that's well suited to gaming I find. It's exciting enough to be compelling, but primitive enough that you have to get up close and personal to make them effective. You're not fighting 10 miles away with guided munitions.

Anything to get shooters away from stupid fucking gadgets that substitute skill for gimmicks.

This, for the love of god. Playing rush in BF4 with water-based maps; I can get MVP just javelin-ing every freaking boat as it comes out of their spawn. Completely broken.

Back