Microsoft's Build Conference Sold Out in One Hour

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you were in the mood to attend Microsoft’s Build Conference in San Francisco this year, better set your sights on next year’s conference. The tickets for this year’s event were gone in in just about an hour, Microsoft said. There is a waiting list, but don’t get your hopes up for a cancellation, the tickets are a hot item this year with the introduction of Windows 10.

The quick sellout has become commonplace for these developer conferences, so much so that Apple and Google have had to set up ticket lotteries so as to avoid their websites being crushed and to make it fair for people in awkward timezones.

They always sell out pretty fast and they always give attendees some good swag, I mean leading edge hardware for developers.

A bunch of jackasses sitting around hoping for a free Surface Pro.

Something doesn't add up. Who are all these developers and what are they actually developing? x86 program development is stagnant, and third party Metro apps are nonexistent beyond fart apps, knockoff apps and web wrappers. I'm guessing it's a lot of MS gold partners, like consulting firms, etc.

Something doesn't add up. Who are all these developers and what are they actually developing? x86 program development is stagnant, and third party Metro apps are nonexistent beyond fart apps, knockoff apps and web wrappers. I'm guessing it's a lot of MS gold partners, like consulting firms, etc.

I'm guessing you've never worked for a standard enterprise

I'm guessing you've never worked for a standard enterprise

He also must have no read any of the threads he posts in constantly. Windows 10 is going to be free which means any developers not working on metro apps just got a fair warning they better start thinking about it. Xbox windows phone and windows are now unifying development one of the biggest changes in history for MS programming. Windows has what? a half a billion users? Anyone who has anything to do with windows is going to want to get up to speed on what is happening at the programming level.

In my case, yes a consulting firm. And the development goes WAY beyond "Metro apps, knockoffs, and web wrappers." And it's much more than just mobile development. There are many many companies doing windows server, azure, web, BI, and other types of development on the MS stack, more than you can possibly fathom. The MS development arena is definitely NOT stagnant despite what the FOSS evangelists would have you believe.

In my case, yes a consulting firm. And the development goes WAY beyond "Metro apps, knockoffs, and web wrappers." And it's much more than just mobile development. There are many many companies doing windows server, azure, web, BI, and other types of development on the MS stack, more than you can possibly fathom. The MS development arena is definitely NOT stagnant despite what the FOSS evangelists would have you believe.

My last 3 jobs, the only thing they had in common was turning into .net shops and removing linux from the companies.

Back