Great Idea Or Dumb Invention?

It would be nice if your wife or girlfriend had an indicator light like this. Kicked back in bed, watching TV, she's on the laptop...GREEN LIGHT FOR GO or RED LIGHT FOR NO! ;)

I guess they just made a very convincing argument that open offices are total bullshit.

its a BS idea.

We already have DND and I even put a damn road cone outside my office and people don't f'in care. they just walk right around it and bug the crap out of me.

The only way I can see of making it effective would be something along the lines of adding a perimeter sensor and auto targeting taser. Enter my workspace for more than 3 seconds when the light is red and you get auto tased. Have a nice day and learn some office etiquette jerk.

In my office (every day is a huge rush to finish orders), if I need something from you to do my job, I will not give one hoot about what colour your light is.

It would be nice if your wife or girlfriend had an indicator light like this. Kicked back in bed, watching TV, she's on the laptop...GREEN LIGHT FOR GO or RED LIGHT FOR NO! ;)

Protip: Women don't know what they want. Green means green and red means green.

And Red Light is default :D:D

I guess they just made a very convincing argument that open offices are total bullshit.

Couldn't have said it any better.

I wouldn't work anywhere that had this policy..

Being in cube land is bad enough.

Sign me up for a cheaper version without the software and the logic and stuff and just lights up red.

God already gave me a do not disturb indicator, it's my middle finger.

Mind = Blown

This would be so much better than DIALOGUE with your co-workers.

It's like being a douche is some kind of craft now.

BS idea. They don't give a shit. I've been on the phone in a meeting and they walk in and start talking to me... Dude, WTF?! I'm busy, get the fuck out.

If they are oblivious to that, I'm sure they won't get the light...

LMAO THIS! This idea is brilliant, its just applied to the wrong area.

I can put up a huge DO NOT DISTURB sign, physically put a chair in the opening, pretend not to hear them, and other co-workers basically ignore everything and say, "It's just a quick question" and will then argue if I say please come back. Being in a typical side-office doesn't change much (used to have one). Best strategy is to camp a conference room, or work in another cube.

I'm one of the few in my office who use a headset for the phone. I would love an indicator to go on the headset so people don't wander up and start talking when I have India on the other end of the line. I'm not sure either of the styles listed would work, but maybe I can make my own flashing LED mod to go on my headset.

I just have a sign that says "Email Only" and put my headphones in. If they want to sit in the chair in my office and wait, that's cool. But it could be a while.

Unless this is like an office wide thing, nobody would care. Ooh look, Dan has a red light, what's that for?

Mind = Blown

This would be so much better than DIALOGUE with your co-workers.

It's like being a douche is some kind of craft now.

Just because you clearly can't comprehend the impact interruptions have on productivity doesn't mean this can't be a useful product.

Came here to say this.
I have an office with open topped 8 foot walls and a door and it isn't much better. People page, call, and yell my name constantly. Even with the door closed and locked, some people with master keys open it right up to bother you. That reminds me -- I need to oil my chair so I can hide better.

I just say go away, I'm busy. Works well.

Until like what happened to me in the library, someone come up to you and begin to start a conversation and you say "don't bother me" then they reply "I'm not bothering you".

*George Carlin' voice mode "If they can't fucking understand those three words how the fuck they'll understand a green/red lighty thing? Seems to me more fuckers will come up to you asking what it is and if they don't understand that, what it does!" :D

I miss old Georgie, seem to world is getting dumber every year he's gone. Or did his life energy spread out to others like him?

Some guys I work with already have presence indicators associated with Lync that look very similar to these and are green, red, yellow etc. One of my co-workers wrote a small bit of code to control a phillips hue light bulb to do the same thing.

anyone actually go to the site?

It shows that it can be set to indicate emails or notifications, so it does have other uses. I work in a more closed office and it would be nice when putting up head up over the walls i could see if someone is doing something important or not. Hate walking all the way over and being told they are updating a drawing that has to be done now and to come back later.

Whether it's a good idea or not, it doesn't matter. No one is going to pay attention to it anyway.

Anyone who lives with LYNC and see's how useful (Do Not Disturb) is understands what I'm saying.

Whether it's a good idea or not, it doesn't matter. No one is going to pay attention to it anyway.

Anyone who lives with LYNC and see's how useful (Do Not Disturb) is understands what I'm saying.

Lol, amen to that!

Just because you clearly can't comprehend the impact interruptions have on productivity doesn't mean this can't be a useful product.

If you work in an office where people interrupt you that often a little light on your machine isn't going to fix the problem.

Al Gore (Algore, for short) really is the father of this...no kiddin'..!

Animals are so much better at giving and taking hints. That "I'm going to rip your face off if you don't GTFO" look is pretty universal across all species. Humans are just clueless.

Back