Blizzard Thanking Loyal WoW Fans with Statues

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Blizzard wants to show its appreciation to its loyal fans who have been with the game uninterrupted for the past ten years. If you qualify, Blizzard is sending out statues to the players this week as a way of saying thanks for your loyalty. The statue shows an Orc riding a wolf, weighs in at several pounds and stands 8” high.

The orc statue is a constant presence in our life at Blizzard Entertainment. It's where we meet to talk, to eat, to celebrate. As we celebrate ten years of World of Warcraft, we present this token of appreciation to you, stalwart adventurer. Thank you for being a constant presence in our lives as we adventure together

Public face: Thanks for the $2000, here's a statue of a mutant riding a wolf.

Private face: Suckers!!!!

That's funny as hell. Who would play a game for 10 years non-interupted! That is one closet recluse!

I received a statue and definitely had lapses in mu subscription. Pretty cool to get a thank you from a company, they didn't have to do anything.

Just before they announce they lost over 3 million subscriptions since November. WOOPS! Did that come out of my keyboards?

funny thing is the people with the long accounts who played with friends have something a lot cooler that the breaks in service don't matter, memories... I've gotten some cool unique stuff over the years but raids with guides were a hell of lot more valuable to me. :) Oh I lost out any any time before dying type achievement when my beta account was stopped a week in lol... my cc was flagged for fraud because I bought something in Europe and by the time I got that fixed it was two months later... that said don't give the gamers that gets those statutes that much crap we have better games because they showed that there is enough money in MMOs that the suits invested in stuff that would never have gotten made otherwise. I mean seriously Warhammer online was fun but that cost more to make than they ever made on it...

This is pretty cool in my book. Anyone who has subbed to wow since release and never took a break is truly a diehard fan. And Blizzard is giving them something cool. You think EA or Ubi would ever do something like this? :rolleyes:

Good job Blizzard. Small thing but probably means a lot to those that got them.

I got mine after a crazy ordeal.

I got the notification email with tracking.
They'd sent it to my old address, about an hr away. I sold my account after Deathwing, but the guy I guess never changed the address?
Anyway, called my old landlord, he had the renters hold it for me and I picked it up last night.
I quit wow cold turkey after a serious addiction almost ruined my life and marriage.
Now I have this shitty statue as a reminder of how many years of my life I wasted.
At least I see they're selling for a decent chunk of change on ebay.

This is pretty cool in my book. Anyone who has subbed to wow since release and never took a break is truly a diehard fan. And Blizzard is giving them something cool. You think EA or Ubi would ever do something like this? :rolleyes:

Yeah good on Blizz. This is pretty cool.

Ubi? EA? Those companies would never do something like this. They'd be more likely to mail you a pipe bomb than a statue.. At some point, you would think they'd move beyond the 'Our customers are stealing from us' mentality, but....Nope.

Anyway, I think we should all scream out the EA battle call.......'The next patch will fix it'.

I see people with all those cartoon/movie/manga figurines on shelves and I take it as cry for help.

You're not impressing anyone...especially girls!

I was buying Radeon GPUs for a while and as a promotion they kept sending me large figurines of their Action girl character they were using at the time. I ended up dumping all five in the communal binstore. They were still there a few days later.

awww, was I the only one who was hoping that the statues were like personalized avatar statues placed in game? how cool would that be?

Public face: Thanks for the $2000, here's a statue of a mutant riding a wolf.

Private face: Suckers!!!!

How are they suckers? They clearly have gotten their enjoyment out of the game the last decade. Blizzard has to do nothing for them. I think it's rather a cool thing to do.

It wouldn't be the front page news section without the haters :rolleyes:

This is pretty cool. I doubt I'll be receiving one seeing as I haven't played the current expansion at all. Still really neat.

Well, with all the hating going on, I'm scared to say this but, I got one. No lapses in my subscription. I took breaks, just never closed my account. I enjoy the game, and enjoy playing when I want to. The fact that they sent something out to the players as a thank you, I apprecaite. Lets see EA do something like that.

It wouldn't be the front page news section without the haters :rolleyes:

People should hate. These people have been subbed for 10 years, watching people that play for one month get free leveled characters, mounts, pets, and free time thrown in their face if they resub. You'd think they'd award their loyal user base yearly with *something*, or hell, let them retain some of the small things that veterans have (old unattainable gear sets); but even that was taken away from them when Transmog and the black market came around.

In once sense I think it is a nice gesture.
But I can't help but feel pity for the the person who has been playing WoW for 10 years straight.
I was an early adopter, started the month Wow went online in 2005.
About 5 months was all I could stand. It QUICKLY became a ass-clown circus.
I knew several people and we quested together; but I was the first to quit; gave my reasons.
Their reactions was "no way man! You have to stick it out". But it wasn't long before all of them quit for pretty much the same reasons.

EA especially would try to have their online-only game shut down long before 10 years so you would buy their new ones.

Ubi? EA? Those companies would never do something like this. They'd be more likely to mail you a pipe bomb than a statue.. At some point, you would think they'd move beyond the 'Our customers are stealing from us' mentality, but....Nope.

And yet 99.97% of this forum would continue buying their games. "I'm sure upset about that pipe bomb that killed my family, but I just gotta have that BF5"

Back