2560x1440 Recommendations in the UK

MarkRobbo

n00b
Sorry for creating a new thread for this but after reading through tftreviews/prad.de etc to attempt to make my mind up I am not sure how the pricing situation in the US relates.

I have a budget of £400 and will be using it for general use, movies and gaming. I have decided that high resolution takes priority over refresh rate for me however I do want something with reasonably low input lag/response time (though Im currently using AOC i2352Vh's which aren't particularly good in that regard so almost anything will be an improvement.

To save people looking up pricing (it is a little bit wonky compared to the US in some regards) some main models and their prices are:

• LG 27MB85R-B - Not Available
  • Eizo EV2736W - £470
  • Dell U2515H - £400
  • AOC Q2770Pqu - £350
  • BenQ BL2710PT - £350

I would like opinions on what you think the best bang for buck panel for my uses would be. If the LG was here I would buy it almost for sure judging by what people have said. Currently I am leaning towards the Dell despite what people have brought up about perceived black levels due to the frame because of its low input lag and nice looks however I am open to other options.

The cross hatching issues and various other QA issues I've heard about on the U2713HM worry me, though that does seem like a good price

The Asus PB278Q and LG 27MB85R & Z-B are the only delay free, multi-input 1440p monitors.

Best 27" 2560x1440 AHVA/IPS/PLS Monitors

The U2713HM has too many quality control issues and suffers from panel revision lottery (some versions suffer from really obvious overshoot and or have poor colour presets).

Agreed on the Asus PB278Q. There was a review somewhere on youtube comparing them against the Dell version and Asus had better picture quality all the way around. So I chose the PB278Q's and am Extremely happy. Prior to seeing this firsthand I would not have bought Asus displays.

I am honestly not bothered at all about inputs. but don't want to run the risk of dead pixels and other issues on such an expensive purchase so don't want to go Korean. For this reason the LG (which I sadly can't get) and the new Dell U2515H look like they are the best options having <1 frame of total delay.

Thanks for the link NCX, I have actually already read through however the LG is not available in the UK. Sorry, I didn't include the price of said Asus monitor, that is actually £450 with the R newer version being £400. It's difficult to find many reviews of the new version of the Asus panel however compared to other offerings.

The PB278Q and PB278QR use the same delay and Flicker/PWM free AHVA panel now (my review is linked in the thread I linked to above), though it is likely possible to get the original PLS PB278Q. The new version has a matte black bezel and the box is supposed to not have PLS printed on it, and circles around the menu icons.

Back