Hyperloop Test Track Likely Bound For Texas

HardOCP News

[H] News
There's an "everything is bigger in Texas" joke in here somewhere. :D

Tesla CEO and SpaceX CTO Elon Musk took to Twitter this afternoon to provide a bit more info on his Hyperloop project. According to the tweet, the 700-MPH transit system will get a test track where both companies and student teams can visit to test pod designs. What's more, he says Texas will be the likely home for it.

Cheap land, mostly flat, lots of population in the cities that are separated far apart.

Texas seems ideal to connect Houston, Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio.

But I have little faith that this isn't just a singing dancing Simson's like "monorail" performance.

Texas isn't a bad place to build something from Elmo's World. If it goes SpaceX/Tesla and explodes or catches on fire it'll just burn down some bushes on a random, obnoxiously large ranch with a silly name like "Two Bit Timmah" or "Giddy Up Bedsore."

Right on cue for the groundbreaking that's going to happen in California for the retard train... right near Fresno of all places... fucking Fresno needs a stop... *sigh*

Wonder what happens to whitetail deer or a wild hog when it gets clobbered by a 700 mph train.....

Welp, guess we will find out!

Right on cue for the groundbreaking that's going to happen in California for the retard train... right near Fresno of all places... fucking Fresno needs a stop... *sigh*

You must be talking about our amazing slow speed train to nowhere.

It will cost twice as much as a plane ticket and take 4 times as long, so I'm sure there will be plenty of riders. (actually if it's ever built, it will be heavily subsidized by the taxpayer and mostly used by the millions of illegal aliens out here)

"We were somewhere around Fresno near the edge of the desert, when the meth began to take hold..."

I remember a high speed rail project back when I lived in Texas. It got killed off due to airline industry pressure.

You must be talking about our amazing slow speed train to nowhere.
Yup, they announce the start of that... Elon Musk who "offered an alternative" (after everything was said and done) now announces he'll be building test tracks in Texas. Coincidence on the timing? Maybe... maybe not.

Wonder what happens to whitetail deer or a wild hog when it gets clobbered by a 700 mph train.....

Ahh perfect that'll save on butchering cost for those who hate to the task of doing it their selves and on the brighter side there is no need to field dress the damn beast ;) :p .

Yup, they announce the start of that... Elon Musk who "offered an alternative" (after everything was said and done) now announces he'll be building test tracks in Texas. Coincidence on the timing? Maybe... maybe not.
Nope and nope... his idea was never offiered to the state as a current altenate to the bullet train for CA. Just a coincidence in timing.

I'm pretty sure the "train track" would be enclosed except at the end-points where they (hopefully) would not be coming out at high speed.

Back