Buying a new monitor within 24 hours

The BenQ VZ2350HM seems like the best option since it has 3 inputs, is Flicker/PWM Free and VESA compliant. The 23-24" LG branded IPS panels tend to use panels with low contrast (500-700:1 vs 1000-1300:1 for most of the tested 1080p AH-IPS/AD-PLS panels), and some of the others use TN panels and/or panels with LED PWM Dimming (Side Effects; the MX239H uses PWM).

You should browse my recommendation thread which contains review links since there are other good options which should be similarly priced, especially the glossy options like the Dell S2415H and HP 23 Envy which look significantly better, as well as sharper than the matte IPS/PLS panels.

The BenQ VZ2350HM seems like the best option since it has 3 inputs, is Flicker/PWM Free and VESA compliant. The 23-24" LG branded IPS panels tend to use panels with low contrast (500-700:1 vs 1000-1300:1 for most of the tested 1080p AH-IPS/AD-PLS panels), and some of the others use TN panels and/or panels with LED PWM Dimming (Side Effects; the MX239H uses PWM).

You should browse my recommendation thread which contains review links since there are other good options which should be similarly priced, especially the glossy options like the Dell S2415H and HP 23 Envy which look significantly better, as well as sharper than the matte IPS/PLS panels.

Do you mean all LG panels or monitors that are actually branded LG on the front? I was looking at the dell 24" monitors such as the S2415 which have LG Display LM238WF2-SSE1 AH-IPS panels but I certainly don't want one if it only has 600/700:1 contrast, they should have about 900-1100:1 contrast no?

Get a IPS from the list if anything I would get the BenQ IPS
on the Far Right probably has a decent Stand The silver Asus on the bottom is good too has a thin bezel I have a 27" that is similar the colors are amazing on a ASUS AH-IPS
Which stands for Advanced High In Plane Switching. I would probably get the ASUS safer bet BenQs are good I own 2 myself but I own 4 ASUS =)

Thanks for the info and the link. Had a good look through your thread and learned quite a bit. As much as you recommend glossy screens, they're just not for me. However, I will follow your othrt suggestion and try the Asus VX239H you have listed. Fortunately there's another store nearby me where I can see them for myself.

Get a IPS from the list if anything I would get the BenQ IPS
on the Far Right probably has a decent Stand The silver Asus on the bottom is good too has a thin bezel I have a 27" that is similar the colors are amazing on a ASUS AH-IPS
Which stands for Advanced High In Plane Switching. I would probably get the ASUS safer bet BenQs are good I own 2 myself but I own 4 ASUS =)

I always hear good things about Asus monitors, and experiences like this just reinforce my decision.

The problem with ASUS they haven't been updating their monitors to Flicker Free except the Gsync models but ASUS usually has way better colors.
My new monitor is a BENQ Z series but it's 144hz so I just use it for gaming but use the ASUS 60hz for 5 days of the week.

I wouldn't even think of getting another 60HZ monitor after I seen what 144hz or Gsync (which I haven't tried) can do.

Back