Budweiser Is Building a Life-Size Pac-man Arena for the Super Bowl

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Budweiser usually goes all out for its contribution to the Super Bowl advertisements and this year could be its biggest and best entry of all time. Budweiser has constructed a giant life-sized Pac-Man game board, complete with lighted walls, jellies and all of the game’s regular features. Now as to how the Pac-Man board game is going to fit into the advertisement, that is still a guarded secret. Have a Bud Lite and ponder the possibilities . :D

Last edited:
Budweiser usually goes all out for its contribution to the Super Bowl advertisements and this year could be its biggest and best entry of all time. Budweiser has constructed a giant life-sized Pac-Man game board, complete with lighted walls, jellies and all of the game’s regular features. Now as to how the Pac-Man board game is going to fit into the advertisement, that is still a guarded secret. Have a Bud Lite and ponder the possibilities . :D

Inbev would have give me the beer (and possibly pay me) to drink bud. There was a time I would drink it, if that's all there was, but those days are gone.

Will make for a cool half time show while watching the Seahawks win the super bowl again. :D

Its going to be another "up for anything" commercial.

"This is Bob, he drinks bud light, so we know he's up for anything..... like being in a life sized pacman game, chased by the spice girls dressed as ghosts"

Sounds pretty cool. They are awesome at marketing. Just not that great at making beer. I'm sure some of us remember the old days, before we found good beer, where we enjoyed a good Bud or Coors or whatever. Once you find what a good beer tastes like, those others just taste like piss water.

I'm awaiting the Pac Man board. Should be interesting and cool.

If Bud was as tasty as their commercials are amusing, they would be top notch. Unfortunately, the two seem inversely related instead. Maybe they should just do awful commercials and see if their product improves?

Sounds pretty cool. They are awesome at marketing. Just not that great at making beer. I'm sure some of us remember the old days, before we found good beer, where we enjoyed a good Bud or Coors or whatever. Once you find what a good beer tastes like, those others just taste like piss water.

I'm awaiting the Pac Man board. Should be interesting and cool.

I think I'm the exception to that rule. If I could get it, I'd buy Canadian brews. Bud was what I drank when nothing good was available. If all I could afford was bud, I'd buy Bush. It may have been marginally worse, but it'd get you drunk and really that was the only reason to drink Bud, Miller or Coors. That said, AB and Miller/Coors both make decent beers, they're just not called Bud, Miller or Coors ;)

I think I'm the exception to that rule. If I could get it, I'd buy Canadian brews. Bud was what I drank when nothing good was available. If all I could afford was bud, I'd buy Bush. It may have been marginally worse, but it'd get you drunk and really that was the only reason to drink Bud, Miller or Coors. That said, AB and Miller/Coors both make decent beers, they're just not called Bud, Miller or Coors ;)

Busch (sp?) is some good stuff. So is Keystone. When you have $7 and want to get drunk (or you're bringing beer to a party), it's good stuff. If you're drinking beer to enjoy it, it's not Bud, Keystone, Miller (although MGD isn't bad, but it's probably nostalgia from my 21-23 yo days).

AB just bought a brewery in Oregon (10 Barrel Brewing), and some are pissed and others are happy. Good for them to make a good beer and sell out ($$ talks). HOPEFULLY, AB doesn't put too much pressure on them to reduce costs and increase profits at the cost of a good beer. AB doesn't make good beers, they buy them.

They should just build giant versions of those frogs from the '90s.

Looks pretty neat, kind of like a corn maze.

I'm just glad the Cowboys won't be in the SB. :) :D :cool:

As much as I agree bud isn't the kings of beers, it is fairly impressive that they are able to keep such quality control for the ridiculous amount of beer they make.

You aren't gonna get that with any microbrews.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Some microbreweries won't even release a beer if it doesn't meet their expectations for the batch (Dogfish in Delaware, you may know them from the one of the best ipa's in the world).

And bud isn't exactly well known for their beer quality

http://www.thewire.com/business/2013/02/budweiser-watered-down-beer-lawsuit/62553/
http://business.time.com/2013/02/27...rs-are-even-more-watered-down-than-you-think/

Pac-man is cool. Bud is for people who think getting drunk and drinking garbage is "cool".

"Hey Tim, want to go drink garbage down at the pub, and hit on white trash?"

"Boy, do I!"

"I was just testing you, we can't be friends anymore. Go ignite yourself with lighter fluid."

Budweiser original is a good beer. Don't know wth you guys are on about.

As much as I agree bud isn't the kings of beers, it is fairly impressive that they are able to keep such quality control for the ridiculous amount of beer they make.

Being consistently meh isn't a great accomplishment. Besides, Bud today doesn't take like bud in the 80s. I don't know how it's changed, because i don't drink it, but even AB says it's different. They do keep beer from different eras preserved so they can make comparisons over time.

Back