LG 34UM94 - how to daisy chain thunderbolt?

Worminater

Gawd
I have a Mid 2013 i7 MBA connected via thunderbolt; and the monitor works great. I have an LG IPS225 sitting next to it vertical plugged in via DVI->Mini-Displayport to the second LG 34UM94 thunderbolt port.

I can't seem to get anything to display on the second (last in line daisy chained) monitor though. Do I need a different cable combination or am I missing something? I've only tried via OSX....

I have a Mid 2013 i7 MBA connected via thunderbolt; and the monitor works great. I have an LG IPS225 sitting next to it vertical plugged in via DVI->Mini-Displayport to the second LG 34UM94 thunderbolt port.

I can't seem to get anything to display on the second (last in line daisy chained) monitor though. Do I need a different cable combination or am I missing something? I've only tried via OSX....

Perhaps I'm not understanding you correctly, but you can't daisy chain a thunderbolt connection to a DVI-input monitor.

I thought you could connect a non-thunderbolt display as ternary device in the chain...

[ 21" ] ---DVI-to-MiniDisplayport--> [second tbolt port in 34" um95] --TBolt--> MBA

I thought you could connect a non-thunderbolt display as ternary device in the chain...

[ 21" ] ---DVI-to-MiniDisplayport--> [second tbolt port in 34" um95] --TBolt--> MBA

After some more Googling, it appears that with the right combination of monitors, accessories, and adapters you might be able to get this to work, but it's hit or miss. You'd be in better shape if you had a monitor with mini displayport input instead of DVI.

What DVI to mini displayport adapter are you using?

After some more Googling, it appears that with the right combination of monitors, accessories, and adapters you might be able to get this to work, but it's hit or miss. You'd be in better shape if you had a monitor with mini displayport input instead of DVI.

What DVI to mini displayport adapter are you using?

A crappy one. I'm actually using an old DVI->HDMI cable I have used for years from monoprice; and a 10 dollar HDMI->Mini Displayport adapter I picked up when I got the MBA ~18mo ago.

I just want a cheap vertical next to the big guy :(

Back