20 Of The Worst PC Setups

HardOCP News

[H] News
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really like this monthly Worst PC Setups thing they do over at ThinkComputers. I have no idea where they come up with all these, but it sure does make you feel better about your rig. :D

The cell phone workstation, and the duct-tape hanging monitor are my favorites.

mine is still suffering from a recent move, but i think i have a new "geek resolution" : clean workstation and finally post in the "post your workstation" thread, 2015 edition

I think my favorite was the last one where a monitor appears to be held with 4 pieces of duct tape.

Spit out my coffee when I saw the LG phone "PC" setup :D

I just saw this this during christmas for the first time... no amount of egg nog could cure the deep depression I felt as a result.

I just saw this this during christmas for the first time... no amount of egg nog could cure the deep depression I felt as a result.

It really isn't a bad idea. There are enough apps out there to do pretty much anything aside from high end gaming. Who needs yet another dumb electronic device if they can just use Bluetooth for a keyboard and mouse and maybe HDMI to a screen (or use the phone's screen. It's totally doable and a lot more cost effective. Backups for data and stuff would be kinda a problem, but meh, there's ways around that too I betcha.

This reminds me of people who allow trash to build up in their car.
Same caliber of lazy.

none of those are that bad... I have walked into far worse... One time was on a warranty call and the floor was covered with dog turds, puddles of dog pee and one of the 10+ dogs took a wizz on the computer while I was standing there looking on in shock. I told him the warranty didn't cover a dog peeing on the computer and ran out the door, took my shoes off and put them in a plastic bag and went home and took a shower.

Yeah, those aren't that bad at all. Just your basic ghetto-ass battle stations. The previous one [H] linked to had some real whoppers.

One time was on a warranty call and the floor was covered with dog turds, puddles of dog pee and one of the 10+ dogs took a wizz on the computer while I was standing there looking on in shock. I told him the warranty didn't cover a dog peeing on the computer and ran out the door, took my shoes off and put them in a plastic bag and went home and took a shower.
Christ almighty, are you serious? WTF is wrong with people?

Oh christ, every time I see one of these articles I hope that nobody dug up the pictures I posted here of the first computer I built when I was 15

Lol the one of the dresser looks like mine with random gun parts.

These will put hair on your chest

NgT0MSd.jpg

uH2sw.jpg

5iSqw0V.jpg

EFXcU.jpg

LOIVS.jpg

YHveo.jpg

ZXTuK.jpg

And since I'm on a roll...

Rru3UTq.jpg

Honestly, I think this is the worst one I've ever seen. How much beer is that? Damn! And I though I drank a lot of beer. It would take me well over a year to put that away. Can you imagine the smell in there?! I hate the smell of the redemption center.

Also, notice how none of the beers are full?

Pretty sure some of the ones Arct1c0n posted were of places you find murders hiding out in.

none of those are that bad... I have walked into far worse... One time was on a warranty call and the floor was covered with dog turds, puddles of dog pee and one of the 10+ dogs took a wizz on the computer while I was standing there looking on in shock. I told him the warranty didn't cover a dog peeing on the computer and ran out the door, took my shoes off and put them in a plastic bag and went home and took a shower.

And this is why our company refuses to do house calls.

Yeah, those aren't that bad at all. Just your basic ghetto-ass battle stations. The previous one [H] linked to had some real whoppers.

Christ almighty, are you serious? WTF is wrong with people?
Yea I am serious and I could tell you about a bunch more almost as bad.
Anyone who does house calls long enough will have stories like that.
Some people are worse than pigs.

This was many years ago when I worked for someone else I went to one house to wire up some cat5 runs in the basement and up into 2 rooms.
It was a high end house in one of the pricier neighborhoods.
The entire basement floor was littered with dog poo.
She left her dogs down there while she was at work and never cleaned up.
The smell about killed me and I literally ran out of there.
The bad thing was it was a friend of the owner of the company I worked for at the time.
I got yelled at when I got back because she called up yelling that I had ran out the door. Once he got done screaming so I would tell him why he didn't believe me and went out there to do the job himself.
The next day he told me he puked in her bushes on his way out of there and didn't run them either and he was sorry for yelling at me.

And here I am browsing Amazon for "computer workstations" and trying to find something that I can actually USE. Out of 20 pages, I could only find 5 desks that I liked.

Back