Police Arrest Lizard Squad Member

HardOCP News

[H] News
Oh look, another member of the "you'll never catch me" gang ends up getting caught. This is my surprise face :rolleyes:.

Vinnie Omari, a 22-year-old member of the group Lizard Squad, was arrested on Monday after British law enforcement agents from the South East Regional Organized Crime Unit raided his home. Omari confirmed the raid with the Daily Dot, and provided a photo of the search warrant he received.

sYk4ljd.jpg

Good, I hope more of these wannabe posers get arrested, did they really think they were going to get away with it? Isn't this the same faggot who showed his face on that TV interview the other day?

Awesome, when you bring down gaming servers you attack the gamers, aka me. You know you have to be pretty slimy and an idiot to boot to make me side with a corporation.

Almost like this whole story doesn't make any sense. You spend months (or apparently years according to accusations) working on ripping people off and setting up a network of script kiddy hackers, then suddenly come out publicly and do interviews? Something just doesn't seem right.

The world is overpopulated. What we need to start doing is getting rid of people like the Lizard Squad who do nothing but cause trouble. The sooner the better. Make it public too.

The world is overpopulated. What we need to start doing is getting rid of people like the Lizard Squad who do nothing but cause trouble. The sooner the better. Make it public too.

Do you really need to wonder why normal society frowns on you guys when you're so out of touch with reality that you scream for the public execution of someone who allegedly DDoSed a video games network on the premise of overpopulation?

Do you really need to wonder why normal society frowns on you guys when you're so out of touch with reality that you scream for the public execution of someone who allegedly DDoSed a video games network on the premise of overpopulation?

"normal society

"you guys"

WTF are you talking about?

Oh he got that, it was you talking about normal "society" like you actually know what that is, that had him confused :)

Oh he got that, it was you talking about normal "society" like you actually know what that is, that had him confused :)

I guess you're right. I haven't been in like debt for a bunch of stuff, drunk, arrested, or living in some kinda trailer so I should have said, "the upper classes of normal society," instead since normal without a buncha descriptive words carries a lot of negative possible meanings as it's sorta relative to where someone lives, like in the southern portions of the US.

It think they should figure out the losses sustained by the attacks in monetary terms and then fine the perpetrators (everyone who is convicted). Garnish their wages until paid back, that's an appropriate punishment.

Killing people who "hack"* computer networks is just unreasonable escalation.

*Quotes because DoS attacks are so simple nearly anyone can do them and that's why they're going to continue until we switch to a less easily disrupted protocol.

It think they should figure out the losses sustained by the attacks in monetary terms and then fine the perpetrators (everyone who is convicted). Garnish their wages until paid back, that's an appropriate punishment.

*Quotes because DoS attacks are so simple nearly anyone can do them and that's why they're going to continue until we switch to a less easily disrupted protocol.

Except that would most likely be in the millions. Assuming the average that would garnish their wages most of their working life. Making them dependant on social systems and charity their entire lives. That isn't exactly reasonable either.

They need a scared straight moment or ten. As soon as the realize they wouldn't last in a prison system they might reconsider doing stupid stuff like this again.

China already executes hackers and it doesn't stop them from being a lead in scams, spam, pirating and hacking. Have some common sense people.

yeah just make him do some inventive community service for 2 years. Perhaps clean up guy at the local jail. After he gets publically shamed and do a lottery for one free kick in the nuts by a pro soccer player of the winners choice.

Na, no reason to change it. The are easy to do and if any real effort is put into it they are easy to trace back to the attacker. I'd rather like to easily find that morons and hammer them like this clown is going to get hammered.

I guess you're right. I haven't been in like debt for a bunch of stuff, drunk, arrested, or living in some kinda trailer so I should have said, "the upper classes of normal society," instead since normal without a buncha descriptive words carries a lot of negative possible meanings as it's sorta relative to where someone lives, like in the southern portions of the US.

Because only Southerners get drunk, get into debt, get arrested or live in a mobile home. Please enlighten me as to the Eutopian "upper normal society" geographic location where nobody gets drunk, gets in debt, gets arrested and only has "upper normal society" housing. Hell, just the tax savings in not having to police, arrest and house those darn reprobates would be amazing.

Your locale must have been the archetype for Stepford Wives/Husbands.

Because only Southerners get drunk, get into debt, get arrested or live in a mobile home. Please enlighten me as to the Eutopian "upper normal society" geographic location where nobody gets drunk, gets in debt, gets arrested and only has "upper normal society" housing. Hell, just the tax savings in not having to police, arrest and house those darn reprobates would be amazing.

Your locale must have been the archetype for Stepford Wives/Husbands.

19fwzw476fytpjpg.jpg

Another kid lives in Toronto Ontario on Lawrence avenue, FinestSquad doxx'd a lot of those guys and gave the info to the FBI apparently, so maybe more arrests will happen soon, of course Lizard claims none of their members were doxx'd and yet several have been arrested or visited by Authorities, even admitted so on their own twitter feeds.

Back