911 Call of the Day

The only saving grace of humanity I could think of with this, is that it sounded like a kid who made the call.

That said, put this into the same box as the movie theater that called emergency services because they maybe could have been movie pirates in their theater.

So the caller is telling the 911 operator to go outside or read a book?

Sad thing is that people call 911 to report facebook and stuff like that being down, so this doesn't surprise me.

My friend is a dispatcher in a very affluent town and he told me someone once called 911 because their pizza delivery was late. He's got no end of other good ones but the pizza story takes the cake.

Funny how things turn around. It used to be books that held the place of video games in this endless "to blame" cycle. The truth is he could just as easily be outside and still call 911 for another stupid reason. Or reading a book and do the same.

My friend is a dispatcher in a very affluent town and he told me someone once called 911 because their pizza delivery was late. He's got no end of other good ones but the pizza story takes the cake.

Common sense is on the low these days.

My fav is a recent shots fired call where a caller told dispatch the gun was a "45mm". I was like "bangers be having anti-aircraft guns now!"

Common sense is on the low these days.

Given fact that people have called 911 over Mcdonalds orders being wrong, even calling when facebook is down. Shouldn't shock anyone when some dumbass calls 911 cause PSN/xbox live going down.

My fav is a recent shots fired call where a caller told dispatch the gun was a "45mm". I was like "bangers be having anti-aircraft guns now!"

Well.. to be fair.. that would definitely an effective weapon in a driveby of .. well.. a lot of things. Definitely make choppers think twice about following you.

It's the same as people not being able to distinguish the difference between a clip and a magazine. Lack of proper education of firearms.

Given that someone might die as a result of non-crime 911 call congestion, I believe there should be a system in place to punish/deter people from using the service falsely.

If someone I know is dying, and the 911 operators are dealing with pizza calls, or that someone bought the last roll of donuts at the store that the caller wanted, I would be quite upset.

Back