Facebook Apologizes Over 'Cruel' Year In Review Clips

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook should just apologize for ever creating those annoying things in the first place. :D

This year, to go one step further, Facebook automatically picked one particularly well-engaged photo to present to users, under the banner: “Here’s what your year looked like!” For many users, that will have been a happy memory, such as a graduation, wedding, or the birth of a child. But for some users, the algorithm forced painful memories back to the surface.

Facebook should apologize for even existing. Horrible abomination.

Zuckerberg found of Face suck brining people closer together but farther apart at the same time.

yep. My year in review consisted mostly of pictures of my wife of 7.5 years.

Who, 40 days ago, left me unexpectedly, claimed that I was abusive and she wanted a divorce, and has spent the past 29 days locked up in various psych wards.

(Incidentally, I was not abusive...her bipolar severe manic/depressive w/ psychosis just makes her REALLY paranoid. Like, her dead grandmother and great grandmother claimed I was going to rape her and drown her at the local YMCA....I was an evil goat with fur on fire, my entire family was comprised of pyschopath goats with narcissistic tendencies, the hospital was going to be hit by a plane every time the helicopter came in to land at the other hospital 4 blocks away, and the new mental facility is going to be destroyed by a tornado.)

So, really, the thing I wanted to see most while I'm in the midst of an eventual divorce from a woman who'd given everything to & for, is a reminder of all the great times we had before she lost her mind.

Who, 40 days ago, left me unexpectedly, claimed that I was abusive and she wanted a divorce, and has spent the past 29 days locked up in various psych wards.

(Incidentally, I was not abusive...her bipolar severe manic/depressive w/ psychosis just makes her REALLY paranoid. Like, her dead grandmother and great grandmother claimed I was going to rape her and drown her at the local YMCA....I was an evil goat with fur on fire, my entire family was comprised of pyschopath goats with narcissistic tendencies, the hospital was going to be hit by a plane every time the helicopter came in to land at the other hospital 4 blocks away, and the new mental facility is going to be destroyed by a tornado.)

So, really, the thing I wanted to see most while I'm in the midst of an eventual divorce from a woman who'd given everything to & for, is a reminder of all the great times we had before she lost her mind.

So I guess when she said I'm crazy about you she actually meant it? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. I've been almost through a divorce so best wishes for you.

No red flags during dating buddy? If not, she hid crazy well.

I clicked the link and burst out laughing. Nice job facebook, you've gone from annoying to hilariously creepy!

No red flags during dating buddy? If not, she hid crazy well.

We'd been together 11 years. She told me she'd had an episode back before we dated, but we kind of both figured that living with her parents did that, as her home situation wasn't the best.

No signs through our relationship that there was anything brewing. Going off the meds they gave her 9 years ago made her lose a bunch of weight, improved her mood and libido, stopped the tardive disconesia. As far as I knew in early November, we were perfectly fine, perfectly happy.

and...if you really need a picture, hopefully that will suffice.

Sorry to hear dude. I left a girl with what sounds like the same backstory. I encountered an episode when she was off the meds, and shortly after learned that she'd have to be off her meds to be able to have a child. Had to break things off.

Hopefully the years her and you spent together were the best they could have been for both of you.

Yeah, went through similar last year. She swears I was the crazy one although she's ran off 90% of our mutual friends in the months after I split. But I knew it would be a lot of pictures of her so I didn't watch it, because I knew it was a shitty year. He could have did the same thing...

We'd been together 11 years. She told me she'd had an episode back before we dated, but we kind of both figured that living with her parents did that, as her home situation wasn't the best.

No signs through our relationship that there was anything brewing. Going off the meds they gave her 9 years ago made her lose a bunch of weight, improved her mood and libido, stopped the tardive disconesia. As far as I knew in early November, we were perfectly fine, perfectly happy.

Sorry dude. She looks really nice.

My mother is an un-diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic who thinks the government is after her and she has been in hiding for the last 5 years until she re-appeared 6 months ago. I can't get her to take any meds because she's paranoid and doesn't think anything is wrong. She was living in my house driving me crazy for 4 months before I finally had to throw her out. I'm realizing that the mom I used to have is gone and it's sad, but there isn't a damn thing I can do about it so I sort of feel where you are coming from.

Best of luck to you in a crappy situation.

Back