8 New Netflix Original Series Set to Premier in 2015

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Netflix is beginning to look more and more like HBO and less and less like the mail order movie rental company of old. This year Netflix has eight new original series for its subscribers to stream, building on the success of its other original programming, Netflix is becoming a power to be reckoned with in the area of original programming.

With such a diverse and packed schedule of new show releases, it’ll be interesting to see how each is received, and how Netflix handles pickups for new seasons. Remember, being so new to the original series game, and only having major successes under its belt thus far, Netflix hasn’t yet had to “cancel” a show due to poor ratings or ad support.

Netflix needed content.
The Studios either did not want to be on Netflix or wanted too much $$$.
Netflix adapts, and creates it's own content.
Some of it has not been half bad.
Netflix is going to end up one of those companies that receives a ton study at universities in coming years.

Netflix needed content.
Netflix is going to end up one of those companies that receives a ton study at universities in coming years.

This.

Netflix is doing a good job in adapting to market forces...unlike most media companies.

Dick you over on content? Fine, we will start making our own. Love it.

Smart move. I left Netflix after they raised their rates last time. I didn't use it much compared to other streaming services I already paid for due to the content. So, it got the axe.

Now they have more shows, and I'm guessing movies, unsure on that one. But with my new free trial I got wanting me to re-join...I'll find out. Something tells me that I'll be down to two streaming services now. Netflix and Funimation.

Netflix needed content.

that

Yeah, I still remember when they first announced this, so many people said it was a huge riska nd they should stick with what they had and now look at them.

They have been pretty damn good at making high quality programs too.

House of Cards
Orange is the New Black
Lilyhammer
etc.

Even their newest show, Marco Polo, I found to be great, there's a HUGE divide on it from critics (who have largely bashed it) and consumers (check the ratings on imdb and RT, extremely high ratings for users and critics are very low).

It seems to me that netflix knows what the audience actually wants to watch/enjoys.

Marco Polo is great, really enjoyed the first season (finished last episode this past weekend.

Working on House of Cards now.

Hopefully they'll be better than their latest attempt, Marco Polo. That shit is written for a 15 year old.

Hm, I watched the first episode of Marco Polo and wasn't all that impressed. Does it get better?

Dick you over on content? Fine, we will start making our own. Love it.

Not only that, it has actually worked. Orange is the new black? Hit. House of cards? Record success. Sure they have had a few flops, but to even have a hit with such a bold risk, speaks volumes.

I remember people saying the doord at Netflix were closing years ago. ;)

I will most likely watch Daredevil and Sense8 from that list and will probably give a try to Bloodlines and A.K.A Jessica Jones too.

I liked Marco Polo, Lilyhammer (even though they did not produced it) and Orange is the new black. Could not get into House of cards.

Netflix is the future, or that type.

Ultimately, it will be Netflix's success that ends up killing cable companies who keep ripping off customers and are unwilling to adapt.

What's messed up is cable did it to themselves - I think if they had gotten on the ala carte bandwagon 10 years ago, they'd be in a much better spot.

But now it just reminds me of a type of company that sees the writing on the wall down the road and is trying to grab every last cent on the way out while trying in vain to stop the progress, which they can't because the other company is just too agile and adaptable.

It'll still be a long process, but I think streams like netflix will be the dominant form of media-watching in 20 years.

I will most likely watch Daredevil and Sense8 from that list and will probably give a try to Bloodlines and A.K.A Jessica Jones too.

I liked Marco Polo, Lilyhammer (even though they did not produced it) and Orange is the new black. Could not get into House of cards.

I haven't been on Netflix enough recently to even know what their new lineup is, but I do agree that their original shows were pretty solid.

My preferences; OITNB is decent enough to watch and, while Season 1 of Hemlock Grove was pretty shaky (to say the least) I think they did a much better job on Season 2. Enough so that I'll probably watch Season 3. Never been a huge fan of Kevin Spacey

Hm, I watched the first episode of Marco Polo and wasn't all that impressed. Does it get better?

It does, but its long winded. I usually watch shows right before bed and my ever increasing oldness is catching up to me, fell asleep midway through episode 3. I imagine that it'll take a good 5-6 episodes to get invested in it. There are also naked asian chicks being sexy and deadly. So there is that.

Orange is the new black is an excellent show. HBO shows are reliable quality and hands down the best on TV. Netflix and HBO take chances on ideas that are unique and maturely written. Yes, that includes Eastbound and Down.

I just can't watch most big broadcast shows because they're totally formulaic and the writing is extremely poor. They're just dumb. I watched a bit of that Gotham and it felt like something a 12 year old put together. On the other hand, HBO's Enlightened (which was unfortunately cancelled) was fucking TV brilliance! A real show for adults.

Orange is the new black is an excellent show. HBO shows are reliable quality and hands down the best on TV. Netflix and HBO take chances on ideas that are unique and maturely written. Yes, that includes Eastbound and Down.

I just can't watch most big broadcast shows because they're totally formulaic and the writing is extremely poor. They're just dumb. I watched a bit of that Gotham and it felt like something a 12 year old put together. On the other hand, HBO's Enlightened (which was unfortunately cancelled) was fucking TV brilliance! A real show for adults.

It's a TV show based on a comic book for pre-teens. What the hell did you expect from Gotham?

You don't tune into Springer expecting Shakespeare...

Back