The Bitcoin Bowl Is a Real Thing

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
For all of the football bowl fans out there, there’s was a new bowl game last night between the ACC’s NC State and the AAC’s Central Florida: Welcome to the Bitcoin Bowl. It’s not a joke, but merely the first of many Bitcoin Bowls that will play as long as the value for Bitcoin remains high. The game was carried on ESPN, streamed on WatchESPN and broadcast over the team’s individual sports networks.

The aim, presumably, is to introduce a mainstream audience to Bitcoin, but I like the idea that the reverse could be true, with at least handful of Bitcoin fans checking out college football for the first time.

I'm still left wondering why the turf of the field looked like shit during that game.

Were they playing in Boise?

God I hate that blue field. I thought the NCAA outlawed that abomination.

Nope. Green turf that well...looked like shit. Either it was uber worn out astro, or grass turf that looked unmaintained.

oh sweet jesus that BSU smurf vomit field...LOL, I had forgotten all about that

maybe an urban legend, but I heard they have problem with waterfowl trying to land in it

starting to think cashing out may have been the wrong move...

I heard, not sure how true it is, that BSU can only replace under a certain square footage of the field a year or else they're forced to make it green. I heard that from college student from BSU in a pizza place across the street from the stadium.

Again, not sure if true

I know what Bitcoins are, but what's football?

In the USA a game that is not played with your feet, while simultaneously not involving an object shaped like a ball so much as an egg.

I heard, not sure how true it is, that BSU can only replace under a certain square footage of the field a year or else they're forced to make it green. I heard that from college student from BSU in a pizza place across the street from the stadium.

Again, not sure if true
Don't think that's true, but what is true is Boise st has a patent on colored turf for football. Anyone, including high school teams that wishes to use an colored turf must go through Boise st. Only one other college team has been allowed to go colored, Eastern Washington with their red field. No joke!

Back