Newbie WHS to Nas4Free backup question

Raycaster

Limp Gawd
I had a WHS v1 setup for many years and it really worked well for me. I'm not a super user but have a few Terra-bytes of MKVs/Pics/ISOs etc. and with the set and forget backup abilities I was pretty happy. It backed up nightly around 6 units in the house (laptops and pcs) and although slow saved my bacon a few times.Well, the whs pc finally died and took its OS with it (my fault). Truthfully I would of been pretty happy just to rebuild a WHS PC but I having lost my OS and serial so it was time to upgrade. My tech savvy ways have been in decline with age (and a stroke) but I managed to build a pretty solid NAS4Free PC.

The Nas4Free PC contains a AMD A6-6400K APU, 16G ram etc. with a lot of 2T drives thrown in from the WHS machine. It runs flawless and has all my movies etc. accessible again.

My problem is PC backup.

I've read and re-read backup articles and different solutions but need help finding a "set and forget" backup solution like the old WHS setup. Most people point to RSYNC but was hoping a few smart guys here would solidify the decision.I would really like a IMAGE backup solution with easy restore options. WHS was very, very slow to restore but it worked. I own Acronis Backup also but wondering if a solution on the server side would be be better?

Any thoughts would be very appreciated.
Thx ahead of time.

Signed old Amiga guru (now just old).

Back