Bought a Sony W800B 50 inch. Impressions.

Godmachine

[H]F Junkie
*WALL OF TEXT*

So for a while I've been waiting to get a large display for my monitor setup and I've finally struck gold. Plasma are out of the question since Panasonic's last run of panels basically had absurd input latency. Samsung's as well. And they are hard to find at a reasonable price point. And they are being phased out.

So I began the herculean task of finding its replacement months ago. Needless to say I'm disappointed by how many manufacturers simply don't give a fuck about input latency. High input latency I personally think makes TV's largely impractical as PC displays. Only general viewing (movies and such) but for day to day usage and gaming? Sub par all around even in 2014. Its hard to believe Samsung , who created one of the best overall displays I've seen in years basically has nothing to offer with low input latency in 2014. LG? Forget it , even worse. Sharp? Nope. Panasonic? Nope. I realize this is a feature that only really matters for gamers and PC day to day users but I think its become only more relevant with how massive gaming is these days.

So I moved on and landed on Sony. Sony basically is the only manufacturer who sees this small/niche market and decided to cater to it. Of course I'm being sarcastic because really they are catering to their Playstation user base more than anything. And since Playstation is really their most successful product right now they've been making TV's that have had gamer features incorporated into them. The XMB menu system found in the Playstation 3 and 4 is the UI of Sony's TV's. Making them painless to use. They've managed to sneak in a decent processor in these TV's allowing them to have input latency figures around 23-33ms in game mode. The best part? Even when game mode is enabled you don't really lose any other features. Unlike other sets that are forced to turn off virtually ALL processing to accomplish this Sony stands above and beyond and gives you nearly full control over it in gaming mode. This is a HUGE plus for anyone that cares for the dip in PQ that comes with gaming mode functionality in most TV's.

One of the best features of the Sony W700 and on up is something called Impulse gaming mode. Basically? Its black frame insertion. It creates an image that appears smoother to your eyes , similar to how CRT's would "draw" the screen. Its a great feature however there is some flickering so anyone sensitive to that will probably opt to not use it. Even without it this set is fantastic. If you can tolerate it .. you'll love it.

Also this TV has a very thin bezel. Which adds to the immersion factor.

The contrast is actually incredible considering its an edge lit LED. There is no local dimming (gotta go for the W950 series for that) and it manages to hit around 5200:1 contrast ratio without breaking much of a sweat. I actually don't like local dimming. Only in the much higher end TV models does it function without bloom or haloing which can be very distracting. It can't reach those epic local dimming numbers but its more than enough. I've yet to fully calibrate it so I can't comment on the color quality other than to say with modest tweaking its fantastic. Colors are rich and "pop" very well. None of the colors feel like they are overly aggressive , no blue/red/green "push" to speak of. The only downside is the color tweaking is rather limited compared to say Vizio's menu options.

Sony obviously cherry picks their panels from AUO Optronics so you don't get saddled with a "lottery panel" that people so often hate to deal with like you do with an LG or Samsung. Now I know that Sony uses a different panel for the 850A (its 2013 though so not sure about the 2014 version) which is IPS (the W800A is VA) and its contrast is pretty unacceptable outside of that though they are very consistent. People in general seem very happy with what they are getting.

The actual TV itself is actually quite stylish. It has a curved stand that's surprisingly sturdy and easy to install. However its VESA mounting is a pain in the ass due to its fat bottom half. I would imagine that since a beefer CPU was required to keep latency low and the panel overall pretty speedy it would have been quite impossible at this price point to tuck it in closer to the panel itself. It also requires you to use a power brick. Its not a hassle just an observation. However if you get one and want to mount it make sure to do your research first.

This TV has quite an app selection but it presents it in kind of a disorganized manner. It literally has like 100 apps and they function largely fine but it needs a better way to organize it. I was able to stream from Netflix , Hulu and Amazon without trouble. Its built in 5Ghz wireless radio also is helpful a noisy neighborhood of 2.4Ghz radios. I don't really need "apps" in my TV so it'll go largely unused. Sony did a nice job dealing with the menu options concerning other usage. Somethings are buried but not impossible to find , much like the XMB UI on the PS3. It also has 3D if you care about that. Its a 120hz panel so you'll get 720p 60 to each eye in 3D mode. The 950 series has a 240hz panel so you'll get the full 1080p 60 to each eye if 3D is a big concern.

Overall its an excellent TV. It has a fantastic picture , lots of features , gaming focused and its affordable. Its really aimed at gamers though so if that's a secondary issue for you then you might want to go for a more traditional set that has local dimming and what not. For day to day PC usage its glorious.

I got mine for $750 on Amazon. If your looking for a TV that is a jack of all trades at a great price point this is it then. The Sony W700 series can be had for hundred less ($699 last I checked) on Amazon and its sans the 3D and I believe identical otherwise.

High recommend this TV.

You write " large display for my monitor setup ". Do you really use the 50" TV as a monitor on your desktop and what is the viewing distance?

Over the W7 the W8 also features true 'MotionFlow' settings, which are godly for movies if that matters to you.

Careful though only the models at least 50" in size have those famed MotionFlow options (the 42" don't).

But yeah whatever the Sony TVs are by far the best for gaming.
Can't wait to see what they have under their sleeve for 2015.

You write " large display for my monitor setup ". Do you really use the 50" TV as a monitor on your desktop and what is the viewing distance?

About 2-3 feet depending. I have set near a series of monitors. I could place it easily between but I like it where it is.

Its not uncommon for people to have a setup like this among the enthusiast types like us.

Does it use PWM when the motion interpolation+strobing features are disabled? PWM Test (read the instructions).

Last edited:
Does it use PWM when the motion interpolation+strobing features are disabled? PWM Test (read the instructions),

It doesn't appear to be creating perceived extra vertical lines. So no I don't think it does use PWM.

Turned off all the motion interpolation + Strobing features and turned down the brightness to 5 and did not witness it.

I have never read about the W series using PWM when in 'normal' modes... mine (a W6 from 2013 that is the predecessor of the W7 of 2104) doesn't.
If you want additional confirmation for the 2014 models you should drop a post on the "avforums W7/W8 owners thread", I'm sure they will reply quickly.

Last edited:
About 2-3 feet depending. I have set near a series of monitors. I could place it easily between but I like it where it is. Its not uncommon for people to have a setup like this among the enthusiast types like us.

From this distance 1080p resolution is not enough, you do not see pixel structure? Then, how about viewing angles near edges, no artefacts visible? In the end, isn't this size feeling too big?

From this distance 1080p resolution is not enough, you do not see pixel structure? Then, how about viewing angles near edges, no artefacts visible? In the end, isn't this size feeling too big?

It is to the left of my other monitors on its own stand. I do not see the pixel structure easily no and I have better than 20/20 vision. Viewing angles near the edges are quite uniform. They are not perfect being a VA panel since IPS is superior in this regard.

I think at the distance I have it its acceptable. It all depends on what you feel personally comfortable with. I mostly play PC games on it and watch movies so for that purpose its excellent.

I will say that this panel has the best picture I've seen ever of a VA panel in its price category. Even superior to my Samsung A650 with its PVA panel and its very deep contrast. Top that off with its gaming functionality and its much more robust option menu even during gaming mode (something that always bothered me about the Samsung panel) and I don't think I could get better in a smaller form factor (perhaps cherry picked Foris) and still retain the PQ quality. The best part is probably that this panel will have a longer life than my Samsung which its backlight began to burn out until it gave out entirely.

However with 4K quickly becoming the norm It shouldn't be long before a well done 4K VA panel in the 32 inch size category comes along and offers a proper upgrade. But if it isn't a Sony then it likely won't offer the same feature set which I'm kind of spoiled by.

A 50 inch TV is not everyone's cup of tea for PC usage , true , but for those interested its hard to beat at the price point.

I often sit at approximately 4ft from my 42" Sony W7 and I can't see the pixel structure.
At 3ft I do see it, but it's still okay, pleasing, not ruining my games, eyes or whatever.

2ft from a 50" though ? Ouch. :eek:
Thankfully the W series can dim pretty low and don't use PWM.
Scaling for external non-pc sources is also excellent if that counts.

Guess I need to check the AVS forums since Google does not bring up threads when searching for PWM Free TV's and TV reviewers don't test for PWM. My Samsung LN46A950 is PWM free and has a strobing backlight feature available when the delay free PC mode (only works @1080p) is used. Many of the newer VA panels don't seem to be much faster pixel response time wise, can't match its 3,500:1 native contrast, lack local dimming (blooming is invisible when using bias lighting) and judder free playback.

I intend to make my dad replace his LN46A750 (CCFL back-lit TV from 2008) which is starting to die with this or the 49" 4K Sony (IPS XBR49X850B). I'm also interested in the Samsung PN51F8500 but can only find the 60" for 2000$ in Canada, though it does seem to be significantly better than almost everything else aside from the high input lag.

It's too bad the Samsung 8500 does not have low input lag (40ms) like the Sony W8 series since LCD's can't match its black depth, colour uniformity and vibrancy. It is also one of the only plasmas (source) which does not look like washed out garbage with grey blacks when not placed in a cave, and it does not use edge-to-edge glass like Panasonic's last few plasma TVs.

Last edited:
I'm currently deciding between 42w817b and 42w705b (no idea what are these models called in the other regions).
So far from what I've seen in a store they look almost the same in the cinema mode, but it appears that the 817 has slightly better blacks.
Should I buy it or is there something better in this price range? I'm only concerned about picture quality, factory calibration and input lag.

Last edited:
About 2-3 feet depending. I have set near a series of monitors. I could place it easily between but I like it where it is.

Its not uncommon for people to have a setup like this among the enthusiast types like us.

Personally I cant stand how terrible the text looks that close. I dropped the idea of large screen and went with some nice monitors instead. For me, gaming is now much more fun. To each their own.

Many of us "enthusiasts" have tried this, and found the blurriness, terrible scaling and large pixelation to be an issue when using something like this for a monitor.

Large screen + 4K should be an answer, for both sharpness/normal DPI and large screen for more immersive gaming.

@NCX: Get a W950B lol. :D

Joke aside, IMHO the Sony W series with VA panels (W7 & W8) share the following + and -

really good:
- display lag (internal scaler lag under 1 frame. total display lag @ +/- 1 frame by a hair. best on the market period.)
- upscaling and processing of lower resolutions / 'SD' (with LOTS of really useful controls)
- motion compensation for movies and DTV (only from 50" W8 and up. Clear Plus setting in particular is an advanced and efficient implementation combining frame creation, BFI, and strobing)

average:
- color realism (it's good and accurate with a bit of fiddling, but still not reaching 'ips-natural')
- contrast ratio / black depth perception (easily superior to any ips, but yeah not as good as older 'pre-amva+' VA, and far from plasma)
- responsiveness (it's definitely not IPS-fast, but it's not slow-ass like your eyes will notice ghosting all the time. of course it's no the ideal FPS display, but it doesn't suck overall for gaming)
- viewing angles (they're narrow compared to IPS, but wide enough for 3 - 4 viewers sitting in front)
- edge led backlighting (I think I'm lucky mine doesn't show any banding nor DSE)

lame:
- speakers (well... most slim form factor = weak speakers)
- scart input (for European models only of course. contrary to component and hdmi, scart rgb is handled badly. a second component input would have been more useful)
- menus arrangement (but I own a 2013 model, don't know how the 2014 fare)
- impulse / 60Hz strobing mode (be ready for a seizure, and the screen becomes too dark even at max brightness anyway)

Sony has had their troubles but the last couple of years or so they have really come back strong on the TV end of things.

2-3 feet from a 50 incher sounds like retina bleed city. I couldn't do it.

@NCX: Get a W950B lol. :D

Joke aside, IMHO the Sony W series with VA panels (W7 & W8) share the following + and -

I have the 55W950B. It's no joke. My only complaint, is some backlight bleed... but seriously, you don't even notice it when your watching a movie/playing a game.

I have been rocking the same TV as my second monitor since the summer and it's fantastic for all my Netflix/Prime/Youtube needs. It's really turned my pure gaming rig into a great HTPC. Movies just come alive on this thing! PQ is amazing for 1080p. Might just pick up a Wii U for some Smash action too, considering how highly rated it is for gaming. The input lag really is very nice. Very responsive to mouse/kb. Glad to hear you like yours so much!

P1010740.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I have the 55W950B. It's no joke. My only complaint, is some backlight bleed... but seriously, you don't even notice it when your watching a movie/playing a game.

Actually my comment was just a consensual one, because you know, like 99% people hate IPS panels for large TV's and it's not even debatable.
But I know a guy who owned both the predecessor of the W950B (2013's W8) and the W7's... and he said despite the poorer contrast, blacks and uniformity, he liked it more because in his eyes the IPS panel was noticeably more responsive, snappier in games.

@NukeDukem; you may be surprised with the Wii U because several people report it looks kinda ugly, even more so on the Sony W's, but that's because the WiiU's output is kind of crappy and the better the display the more you will see the flaws.

Last edited:
I got a chance to see the IPS version of the series and while it certainly beat the pants off any IPS monitor I've ever seen for PC usage its hard to go back from that much higher contrast of the VA version.

I would only advise the IPS version if off centered viewing is a concern.

My first choice was actually the Samsung F8500 but the input latency just killed that from being a possibility. I really wish more manufacturers would consider input latency in their panels when designing. Having a "gaming" or "pc" mode that barely hits 50ms is pathetic. Makes it impractical for PC usage entirely. My old Panny plasma ran fine when I used it briefly for a PC display. Wasn't plagued by input latency.

Actually the input latency was so bad on the final series of Panasonic plasma's that it turned me off getting them. That was a mistake though since at the time it wasn't announced that they were being discounted.

Side Note : The Wii U output is RGB 16-235 and my W800B handles it just fine. I do not notice a "washed out" gamma set. However my old Samsung would force me to the menu options to select RGB black levels to set it correctly. The Xbox One also incorrectly outputs its RGB. I really wish both would simply update it to properly support 0-255.

I'm currently deciding between 42w817b and 42w705b (no idea what are these models called in the other regions).
So far from what I've seen in a store they look almost the same in the cinema mode, but it appears that the 817 has slightly better blacks.
Should I buy it or is there something better in this price range? I'm only concerned about picture quality, factory calibration and input lag.

I do not think the 42 inch versions are quite the same as the 50 on up. So I can't exactly comment on them from experience. But I will say that my panel came reasonable correct in terms of color. Sony TV's do not offer a huge array of tweaking options for color so that could be a deal breaker if you are interested in dialing it in extremely well. But thankfully they tend to come very close to the mark and minor tweaking seems to bring it right around to where it should be.

Contrast is always a big concern so if you like the increased contrast you should go for that. But I know the 700 series on up in larger sizes has different motion handling capabilities than its smaller sized series.

Hit up Google and do your research before you buy though of course.

I would only advise the IPS version if off centered viewing is a concern.

IPS colours are more vibrant and uniform, plus a bias light (1600 lumen Daylight/6500K CFL) could make the black depth difference negligible in a room with the lights off if both are set to around 100cdm/2. IPS pixel response times should be better, though the LG IPS rtings reviewed are worse and the W950B had different overdrive issues compared to the Sony W800B, panels and is not necessarily better.

It's too bad that the W8's impulse mode drops the brightness so much. My LN46A950 can reach 200cdm/2 with the back-light set to 10 when LED Motion Plus is enabled.

rtings LG LB6300 IPS (looks like PWM blur)

rtings Sony W800B

rtings Sony W950B IPS

rtings said:
The motion blur is average good. Compared to the W800B, the transition from red to cyan is shorter, but it is longer from white to red. The space between the letters of our logo is more pink.

I do not think the 42 inch versions are quite the same as the 50 on up.

The 42" W8 are really not the same indeed, also some people reported a visible 'screen door' effect on those, probably caused by the passive 3D special layer thing.
It appears as a 'grid' or 'scanlines' even on normal 2D content.

So,

- For pc and consoles only, the W7 (32", 42", 50") series is the best choice.

- For pc, consoles, AND movies, get the 50" W8 and up.

Haven't noticed any screen door effect on the 817 when I saw it in store. Thy were were both placed next to each other and looked basically the same but it seemed to me that the black was slightly deeper on the 817. Well, maybe I'm just seeing things.

Then maybe I should get a w7 instead since it's cheaper, probably has lower lag and I don't need 3d anyway.
Anyway I'm not going to buy anything now since they both cost 2x more than they should right now where I live, I only hope Sony won't exit TV market by the time the price drops. :eek:

I'm not impressed with the uniformity on my 50" W705B. The corners are noticeably darker, maybe also the left and right edges, there's DSE, and there's some clouding in black. But at least there's no bad case of vertical banding, so the uniformity problems are less well-defined in shape, unlike a different Sony I had before.

I'm using it at a distance of 5-6 ft and viewing angles are a problem, particularly in dark colors. At 3 ft it would be even a greater problem. I assume contrast is measured with a device attached directly to the screen, so in actuality contrast would be much worse because any angle will make the blacks lighter.

The sound is poor. They didn't even bother putting the speakers further apart on the 50" compared with the 42" model, though that's just a minor detail.

I don't find the "Impulse" mode useful. It's very dark, and too flickery. While there are picture tweaking options available in the game modes, I assume they increase latency.

The menus and UI I find worse than the 2013 models.

I think, but not sure, the upscaling of SD broadcast is worse than the 2013 models. I'm seeing some uneven blocking/pixelation, for example on the sloped edges of objects in motion. It's either a deinterlacing artifact, or poor upscaling.

Last edited:
I ordered a Sony w705b 32 incher today as a second larger PC display for a very reasonable 378 euro!
I'll post pics and impressions coming from an Eizo fg2421 as the main PC monitor.
The input lag registers as the lowest ever on any LCD TV @6ms-14-ms http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/input-lag
My friend ordered one a few months ago on my advice. I was generally pleased with VA quality on my Eizo and imagined that it would be great for his bedroom as well. Man, was I right the PQ is amazing on that TV, with amazing contrast and no gamma shift on the edges like on my Eizo monitor. Also the dark scenes look better on his TV because there is a very slight shift towards green in certain dark colors which one can get used to, but are not 100% natural looking. The 200hz feature is useless as it makes the picture too dark, but that is not what interests me or what makes this TV great. I did not know however at the time that the input lag was so low on the TV or I would have bought one for myself a long time ago. The input lag problem has been keeping me away from the better PQ of TVs for a long time and I'm glad that Sony has put out a product that fits a gamer like me so well.
I will probably start doing most of my gaming on the new Sony once it arrives.

For the tint you can adjust the green gain in the white balance settings.

The 'impulse' feature has nothing to do with 200Hz, it's actually a 60Hz strobing backlight thing.
And yeah everybody agrees it's useless.

All the announced Hz stuff is total marketing BS, same with all manufacturers lol.

And yeah everybody agrees it's useless.

I like impulse mode. When you turn off auto backlight control in the Eco menu it's plenty bright enough in a dark room. The response time is then on a different level from other LCD displays. There might still be some trailing with dark grey against black, but in most cases it's super sharp during movement. Just dragging around a window on the desktop demonstrates that easily.

Well kudos for being able to face the screen in that mode, you're the first person I read saying he can !
Even in a well lit room the flickering is killing me, so I can't imagine how aggressive it would be in the dark. My brain sent me several 'seizure!' warnings already so I don't really want to push the experiment that far (too scary lol).

Do it for science!

I wonder if the flicker is really worse than 60Hz CRTs or it's just that larger screen sizes make it more apparent. But yeah, also too dark.

I've tried with some soft lighting behind the TV already, can do it again in full darkness but oh gawd.

Compared to CRT's it's really worse, I still own a couple 60Hz and they're not destroying my eyes and brain like that, not at all.

I got the Sony 32" W705 a couple of weeks ago and I'm having an issue that's a complete eye sore but I have no idea what it is, it's like a colour blur/smudge that happens during dark scenes and can blur green/yellow or red, I've never seen it on any other TV before and it looks rather hideous, I filmed a scene on Godzilla where it blurs green...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Ef1jtudQk

Even with the meh quality you can see it, that's from the replacement too, 2 TV's have the same issue and it's terrible in games too like Battlefield 4, you guys got any ideas?

I've got another replacement coming on Monday and it's probably going to be the last if it still has it even though I love everything else about the TV!

Thanks.

Can't see anything on that video sorry, still I've never experienced bad cases of color smearing with mine, though I own a 2013 model (very similar).
Are you playing in 'game-original' mode ? HDMI ? PC or console ?
The W7 / W8 owners thread on avforums is probably your best information source.

Can't see anything on that video sorry, still I've never experienced bad cases of color smearing with mine, though I own a 2013 model (very similar).
Are you playing in 'game-original' mode ? HDMI ? PC or console ?
The W7 / W8 owners thread on avforums is probably your best information source.

You can't see the green smearing on the motion? Hmmmm

I've tried every scene select mode but I use Game mode-Standard usually, it does it on both PC and console (Xbox One/PS4) using HDMI for consoles and DVI to HDMI for PC but I tried a HDMI-HDMI lead for PC as well and no change, I've tried messing with every setting I can find and it still appears, the best I could do is change the white balance and get it to smear green and red....

I did go on avforums and post a thread which no one replied in and multiple posts in the W7/W8 thread which also went largely ignored which seems to be the case for most posts in there with people having issues it seems!

Last edited:
You can't see the green smearing on the motion? Hmmmm

I've tried every scene select mode but I use Game mode-Standard usually, it does it on both PC and console (Xbox One/PS4) using HDMI for consoles and DVI to HDMI for PC but I tried a HDMI-HDMI lead for PC as well and no change, I've tried messing with every setting I can find and it still appears, the best I could do is change the white balance and get it to smear green and red....

I did go on avforums and post a thread which no one replied in and multiple posts in the W7/W8 thread which also went largely ignored which seems to be the case for most posts in there with people having issues it seems!

I just got my w705b 32 inch on friday and I am just about done calibrating it to perfection.

The picture quality on mine is much greater than on the Eizo fg2421 due to stronger red primary, general better color reproduction and slightly better contrast.

The input lag on game mode with wifi and other useless (to me) features turned off is just about the same as my Eizo fg2421 with 240hz mode on which is around 13-14ms which is pretty amazing for a TV.

My biggest gripe with this tv is the motion resolution, which is far worse than on my Eizo running in 240hz turbo mode and even worse than it running at regular 60hz.

The motion blur is giving me a headache after a while and that's a big problem.

I tend to spend a lot of time gaming and even though the PQ is much better (especially for video which is nearly perfect although motion blur is slightly present there too) the Eizo beats it due to the fact that it's smoother and a headache free experience for me.

I did see the green smearing in the video you linked, but no smearing on my w705b at all.

Color wise it's very spot on, and I would suggest you return that unit you got because it is faulty.

I notice a bit of green artifacts like it on the far right and left edges of the Eizo on low quality videos usually and it's very annoying, but to fix it I simply set up video profile that lowers the black level and makes the problem less apparent while playing videos.

@Adexus: well I don't have the best eyes and the video is indeed rather low-q. ^^

@androsforever: naturally it's a standard 60Hz display, motion resolution is like 300 lines.
You can try the impulse (led motion) mode...personally it kills me, but heh.

@Adexus: well I don't have the best eyes and the video is indeed rather low-q. ^^

@androsforever: naturally it's a standard 60Hz display, motion resolution is like 300 lines.

The impulse mode is one of the worst things I have ever seen on a display, coming from a turbo 240hz VA.

It is the same concept as that but done in a much cheaper way, completely destroying picture quality.

240hz on the Eizo makes the screen slightly darker from the otherwise too bright 100 brightness setting at regular 120hz.

Wish that I could have that level of PQ with the Eizo Turbo 240hz, but I guess I might have to go with a Plasma TV for that level of smoothness + PQ.

Finding a bunch of used Panasonic's online, might go for a VT20 or a GT30 for about 300 Euro.

it's like a colour blur/smudge that happens during dark scenes and can blur green/yellow or red
I'm not sure what the problem is from the video. Maybe it'll be easier to see in stills?

Yeah, it's surprisingly difficult to get replies or real info there, and even more surprising for such a busy forum. Some subforums are better, but the TV section, with its monolithic manufacturer+year threads, is not very helpful.

I just got my w705b 32 inch on friday and I am just about done calibrating it to perfection.

My biggest gripe with this tv is the motion resolution, which is far worse than on my Eizo running in 240hz turbo mode and even worse than it running at regular 60hz.

The motion blur is giving me a headache after a while and that's a big problem.

I did see the green smearing in the video you linked, but no smearing on my w705b at all.

Color wise it's very spot on, and I would suggest you return that unit you got because it is faulty.

Yep it's already going back! Replacement is due tomorrow, third time lucky? Also what's the manufacturing date on yours? Mine's 11/14.

It is indeed!

I'm not sure what the problem is from the video. Maybe it'll be easier to see in stills?

Yeah, it's surprisingly difficult to get replies or real info there, and even more surprising for such a busy forum. Some subforums are better, but the TV section, with its monolithic manufacturer+year threads, is not very helpful.

I'll try and get a few stills from it!

Back