VMplayer 7 - Network adapters not finding "Custom: Specific virtual network:

I have been creating VM's in VMplayer 7 on a Linux system as well as a Windows system. I also have Workstation 11 installed on both of these host machines. I have setup my virtual network through workstation on each machine so that each VMnet is the same, so say VMnet is network 192.168.100.0, VMnet10 is 192.168.200.0 and VMnet19 is 10.0.0.0. This way when I transfer machines between systems the networks are always the seame.

I usually create the VM's in Player as Ilike it better than workstation and Player uses the VMnet config.

Now sometimes when I create a VM I don't get the option to add custom VN'slike VMnet 0-19. I only have the 3 default options "bridged, NAT and host-only".

This is what happens sometimes
network.png

This is what i want:

network_custom.png

Both of the above were created on the same machine with the same ISO and everything. I just don't know why one offers the custom option while the other doesn't.

What comes the virtual network editor say?

Since it is in VMplayer, there is no editor, that is solely in Workstatino (unless you do soe hacking in Player to add it by "borrowing" files form Workstation - this was removed on player 4 or 5 I think).

It really is very odd. I'm making new machines trying different combinations to see if there is something that make it work in one place and not another. I'll try the VMware communities but they often just say they will report the issue or point to a KB for more looking....

Back