Fox News, Fox Business Removed from Dish

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you are a Dish Network customer and looking for a Fox channel, you’re not going to find it until negotiations resume. Talks have broken down between Fox News and Dish Network over disagreement on contract rates and terms. The failure of the negotiations has led to Dish pulling Fox News and Fox Business Network from the lineup. More squabbling over money and the viewers once again pay the price.

"Dish has had a productive relationship with Fox for many years," said Schlichting. "We regret the service disruption to our customers, and remain committed to reaching an agreement that promptly returns this content to Dish's programming lineup."

Dish should just put up reruns of the Colbert Report. The Fox audience will never notice.

If you are a Dish Network customer and looking for a Fox channel, you’re not going to find it until negotiations resume. Talks have broken down between Fox News and Dish Network over disagreement on contract rates and terms. The failure of the negotiations has led to Dish pulling Fox News and Fox Business Network from the lineup. More squabbling over money and the viewers once again pay the price.
Please explain the price of countless millions of families, friends and co-workers torn apart every day by the Roger Ailes RNC fascist propaganda passed off as a news channel.

And nobody has yet explained why News Corp. continues even holding FCC licensing, when so many of the company's execs are convicted criminals rotting in jails. The regs explicitly require licensees to be of good character, and if felony convictions aren't adequate definition of bad character I'm not sure what else might be.

Please explain the price of countless millions of families, friends and co-workers torn apart every day by the Roger Ailes RNC fascist propaganda passed off as a news channel.

And nobody has yet explained why News Corp. continues even holding FCC licensing, when so many of the company's execs are convicted criminals rotting in jails. The regs explicitly require licensees to be of good character, and if felony convictions aren't adequate definition of bad character I'm not sure what else might be.

:rolleyes:

Because msn and cnn are any more neutral on the bias scale.

LOL, I knew there would be one.

Let me be the other one. The Clinton News Network, and MSNBC are better how? Oh, that's right, they support your politics.

Back on topic. Long term, Dish can't afford to not carry Fox, and Fox can not afford to not be carried by dish. The outcome is pretty much preordained. This is just more wrangling over money, one side will give or they will met somewhere in the middle soon enough.

Let me be the other one. The Clinton News Network, and MSNBC are better how? Oh, that's right, they support your politics.

Back on topic. Long term, Dish can't afford to not carry Fox, and Fox can not afford to not be carried by dish. The outcome is pretty much preordained. This is just more wrangling over money, one side will give or they will met somewhere in the middle soon enough.

I find intolerant comments such as that of the poster you responded to as amusing. It is funny how I enjoy Fox and especially Fox Business, but have NO problem with CNN or MSNBC being around as they provide a different perspective for those who align themselves that way. The problem I see as TWC just went through this as well is that News Corp is getting greedy, which really just reflects the rising popularity of their channels. I do not have cabl currently, but I would have probably cancelled back then if TWC had not reached an agreement. Their dedicated business coverage is second to none in my view.

They've been moved to the Poe's Law Package for an extra $4.99.

Is this really a bad thing? I use to watch Fox at one point in my life, but once I started doing my own research, I discovered how full of **** they are. "Fair and balanced" my ***. Fox News Journalism is an oxymoron.

People need to turn off corporate MSM and start getting their news from reputable independent sources that still engages in "old school" investigative journalism, the only thing MSM cares about is making money, not informing the people of the truth and keeping government and corporations in check. There's a reason why independent media observers give Fox a 14% fact check pass(the worst rating among EVERY other news organization), which means they either deliberately lie, or just leave some of the facts out to spin it a different way 86% of the time, whichever their Koch and Murdoch buddies want in order to trick the poor into giving them more power/money at their expense, in typical robber baron style from the 1880-1920s. And as a comparison, even the "best" of the 3 big corporate news stations, CNN, is rated by media observers with a 44% truth rating, and MSNBC is rated at 38%. Among other news sources BBC=74%, Al-Jazeera=77% and VICE=89%.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." -Thomas Jefferson

"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Thomas Jefferson

Wait let me guess, you don't remember the "Countdown to Iraq" on MSNBC. Or similar nightly propaganda campaigns (for months on end) on your other assumed liberally biased networks.

For an explanation of these shows read one of the most underreported stories so far this century imo. Note the article date (12/20/01), then recall when this campaign to turn Saddam Hussein into a WMD-wielding 911 accomplice started in our country. When it began in January 2002 fewer than 10% of the American people believed Hussein had anything to do with 911, by the time Bush invaded in March 2003 that number was over 80%. Mission accomplished by your precious liberally biased media.

The simple fact is, none of our major genuine news outlets were founded and are still run by a former speechwriter and/or ad manager for every RNC presidential candidate for the last 40+ years. IMO anyone who can watch 10 minutes of all three channels and reach your conclusion is genuinely moronic or delusional and possibly both.

As a white male I enjoy FOX, as long as nothing on any news outlet is true I might as well watch the fiction designed for me. It beats the CNN, MSNBC kill whitey narrative.

The company I work for carries the Blaze. I'll glady take Fox News over 24 hours of Glenn Beck a day.

I could probably get an American white male to kill himself if I created a show utilizing CNN and MSNBC correspondents. Imagine Rachel Maddow followed by Ashleigh Banfield, Al Sharpton and Anderson Cooper for the coop de grace. The Kill Whitey Network!

I could probably get an American white male to kill himself if I created a show utilizing CNN and MSNBC correspondents. Imagine Rachel Maddow followed by Ashleigh Banfield, Al Sharpton and Anderson Cooper for the coop de grace. The Kill Whitey Network!

Put O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity, and Susteren on there and you got a deal.

Just because i rip on CNN / MSNBC doesn't mean i like Fox news n co either. It's all nauseating and unwatchable. I get my news from several overseas sources.

I am a dish customer but don't watch fox or cnn news so I don't really care.

Studies consistently indicate racism is one of the most accurate indicators of low intelligence.

Studies consistently indicate racism is one of the most accurate indicators of low intelligence.

Indeed, it's why I always assume liberals are of low intelligence. I mean, come on, how defective do you have to be, to be racist against your own race?:p

funny that.. as a matter of FACT, those of the center/left leanings have been found to be of higher intelligence, lower rates of racial bias, higher education, oh yeah and less afraid of the boogeyman. if you get your news from fox you are not just under-informed, you are purposely lied to and "entertained" in the most biased and cowardly ways

Haven't had cable in over three years now. I laugh at this constant bitching between broadcasting companies and everyone else. They are all going to wreck themselves as more and more people drop cable due to this shit. Greedy bastards.

I quit watching the major news outlets over 10 years ago. It's amazing how much happier I am not pumping propaganda and bullshit into my brain.

People love to wallow in their echo chambers. I think it's boring as hell to surround yourself exclusively with people who parrot your own views. I much prefer to debate—and yes, troll—those with opposing views.

Why is this news? This happens every time contracts come up for renewal. This will be resolved in a few days at max.

But how will people be able to let Sean Hannity inflict brain damage on them now?

There's a reason why independent media observers give Fox a 14% fact check pass(the worst rating among EVERY other news organization), which means they either deliberately lie, or just leave some of the facts out to spin it a different way 86% of the time, whichever their Koch and Murdoch buddies want in order to trick the poor into giving them more power/money at their expense, in typical robber baron style from the 1880-1920s. And as a comparison, even the "best" of the 3 big corporate news stations, CNN, is rated by media observers with a 44% truth rating, and MSNBC is rated at 38%. Among other news sources BBC=74%, Al-Jazeera=77% and VICE=89%.
Yeah, it's good to point out the terrible quality of major news sources. I haven't watched cable "news" in years, but I do find the stupidity of it funny during a Stewart or Colbert montage. And no, I don't consider those 2 shows news sources. It's comedy with a little news and current affairs thrown in.

I do find the stupidity of it funny during a Stewart or Colbert montage. And no, I don't consider those 2 shows news sources. It's comedy with a little news and current affairs thrown in.

Exactly! Though its even funnier (and sad) how the comedy programs of Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, John Oliver and Bill Maher, all report the news they do talk about, vastly superior and far more informative than the cable networks, especially Fox that they all love to bash. Heck, John Oliver had thousands of his viewers contact the FCC after his comedic report on net neutrality resulting in the site crashing. Fox (which tells its viewers it's Obama Care for the net because Obama supports it), CNN, and NBC could never do that.

MSNBC may be just as biased in favor of Democrats as Fox is biased in favor of Republicans, but CNN is definitely not a pro-DNC network. They just slightly lean towards whichever way the tide is flowing, for brownie points and/or ratings. There is nowhere near as much pure unabashed propaganda coming out of them as there is from MSNBC and Fox. Almost all of it is still propaganda, but not at the same extreme level as the other two.

Damn, you beat me to it. :D I do not watch any of the news stations because I got tired of having my intelligence insulted. If anyone here believes that news stations truly report the news anymore, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, cheap. ;)

Haven't had cable in over three years now. I laugh at this constant bitching between broadcasting companies and everyone else. They are all going to wreck themselves as more and more people drop cable due to this shit. Greedy bastards.

Five years and counting for me, and not even using a major cable provider for internet access either. Just keep on alienating your customer base and blaming pirates, that'll make the money!

Damn, you beat me to it. :D I do not watch any of the news stations because I got tired of having my intelligence insulted.
Anyone remember the national poll some years back, the most trusted news journalist in our country was Jon Stewart. It's a fact a comedian outranked any current U.S. journalist in credibility, while FNC is really good for nothing except occasional comedy. If programmed hate, treason and federal bankruptcy make you laugh.

Let's see, the 3 BIG networks are liberal, MSNBC is very liberal and there is only one channel which leans right yet I see people bitching how happy they are it's not on the air right now.

4 vs 1, how is that fair again?

Obama and his liberal goons must be partying in the streets.

Is this really a bad thing? I use to watch Fox at one point in my life, but once I started doing my own research, I discovered how full of **** they are. "Fair and balanced" my ***. Fox News Journalism is an oxymoron.

People need to turn off corporate MSM and start getting their news from reputable independent sources that still engages in "old school" investigative journalism, the only thing MSM cares about is making money, not informing the people of the truth and keeping government and corporations in check. There's a reason why independent media observers give Fox a 14% fact check pass(the worst rating among EVERY other news organization), which means they either deliberately lie, or just leave some of the facts out to spin it a different way 86% of the time, whichever their Koch and Murdoch buddies want in order to trick the poor into giving them more power/money at their expense, in typical robber baron style from the 1880-1920s. And as a comparison, even the "best" of the 3 big corporate news stations, CNN, is rated by media observers with a 44% truth rating, and MSNBC is rated at 38%. Among other news sources BBC=74%, Al-Jazeera=77% and VICE=89%.

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day." -Thomas Jefferson

"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Thomas Jefferson

MSNBC "best" of the big corporate news stations? Objectivity in your remarks 'being suspect' would be an understatement

Let's see, the 3 BIG networks are liberal, MSNBC is very liberal and there is only one channel which leans right yet I see people bitching how happy they are it's not on the air right now.

4 vs 1, how is that fair again?

Obama and his liberal goons must be partying in the streets.
Its not on the air because it hurts Fox the most.

It is poorly executed to the point of being sloppy and purely lazy reactionist. But it still mops the floor with any other news station in ratings.

Chunder said:
And as a comparison, even the "best" of the 3 big corporate news stations, CNN, is rated by media observers with a 44% truth rating, and MSNBC is rated at 38%. Among other news sources BBC=74%, Al-Jazeera=77% and VICE=89%.

MSNBC "best" of the big corporate news stations? Objectivity in your remarks 'being suspect' would be an understatement

Whoops, you may want to read what he posted again.

This is an opportunity for Fox watchers to catch on about a few facts such as the age of the universe (which is 13.8 billion years old and not less than 10,000 years).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back