Microsoft Windows Browser Ballot Removed in Europe

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
When the European Commission ruled that Microsoft was unfairly promoting its own browser back in 2009, Microsoft complied with the ruling by offering a choice of browsers for new installations of Windows. Fast forward five years and Microsoft has removed all vestiges of the ruling as soon as the five year ruling expired.

The obligations imposed by the decision have now expired and Microsoft will no longer maintain this website. Microsoft encourages customers who want more information about web browsers or want to download another browser to do so by visiting the websites of web browser vendors directly.

When the European Commission ruled that Microsoft was unfairly promoting its own browser back in 2009, Microsoft complied with the ruling by offering a choice of browsers for new installations of Windows. Fast forward five years and Microsoft has removed all vestiges of the ruling as soon as the five year ruling expired.

Good for them. Personally, I think they should have shipped Windows with no browser over there and see how far that got folks. (Bad idea but it would have been funny initially.) Perhaps the largest car maker in the world now has to share their technology just to be fair to everyone?

It was always the first update in the list I unchecked and hid.

Waste of time.

Good for them. Personally, I think they should have shipped Windows with no browser over there and see how far that got folks. (Bad idea but it would have been funny initially.) Perhaps the largest car maker in the world now has to share their technology just to be fair to everyone?

That is what I was saying when that ruling happened, Ship windows with no browser and let ppl dicking around figuring out what to do then. This whole thing was setup by Opera, which i don't know many if any people that use their browser to start with. Its all Firefox or chrome for most people. Opera wants free PR for their browser, Here's an idea for them "MAKE A BROWSER WORTH USING!".

Back