Flaw Discovered That Let's Anyone Listen To Your Cell Calls

HardOCP News

[H] News
Pretty soon we are all going to have to wrap ourselves completely in tinfoil to avoid being spied on. Well, that is if you aren't doing that already. :D

German researchers have discovered security flaws that could let hackers, spies and criminals listen to private phone calls and intercept text messages on a potentially massive scale – even when cellular networks are using the most advanced encryption now available.

It will be instructive when people start building their own phones and writing their own end to end encryption how quickly such activity is outlawed.

That's not a flaw. Google has been doing it for as long as Android phones have existed so it's more like a feature.

In the good old days you could do this with some simple mods to a RadioShack scanner. May even still have my instruction books for doing these have to check.

hah, but cellular networks don't use the most advanced encryption now available. Far from it. Also, all phones always connect to the nearest cell / the one with strongest signal. Guess what happens when someone is running a phony stationary or even mobile cell tower. Oh yes..

Geez - maybe this is why I don't like talking on the phone. My calls consist of me mainly confirming what's for dinner, when I'm coming home, etc. It's kind of pathetic.

This and most things simply don't matter. If anyone is doing anything important enough that they need to make sure the line is secure in this day and age they would use their own VOIP program with appropriate encryption. Not dial up a phone call. I can understand in the past when this may have been your only option but not any more.

Wow. People spying. well about 99.999% of the people who are worried about other people spying on them, are really not interesting enough to be spied on in the first place.

Wow. People spying. well about 99.999% of the people who are worried about other people spying on them, are really not interesting enough to be spied on in the first place.

Shhhh! They think everyone cares about what they're doing and they want to feel guilty about it. :p

Back