I need a cable, 1 end cigar lighter, the other end micro USB

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
to power / charge my Nokia phone.

I bought 1 cable that is USB to micro USB from monoprice, and that cable fails in less than 1 yr. Cheap quality cable, waste $ on shipping

Now I want 1 end as that cigar lighter w/ the other end being mirco USB, where would you go for a cable like that?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
that's 2 part connector like Belkin is the one that I have. It now seems like the current USB to cigar adapter is failing. But the copper wire connects to the USB Mirco B is also loose, there is no "housing" connects to it, so it can easily come off.

I like that one at ebay, I wonder what is the difference btwn. that one vs. the 1 w/ MOtorola, or you think it's just the brand name?

that's 2 part connector like Belkin is the one that I have. It now seems like the current USB to cigar adapter is failing. But the copper wire connects to the USB Mirco B is also loose, there is no "housing" connects to it, so it can easily come off.

I like that one at ebay, I wonder what is the difference btwn. that one vs. the 1 w/ MOtorola, or you think it's just the brand name?

Belkin has never been known for quality, its usually the overpriced stuff people buy at retail stores. The charger on ebay looks like one i could grab from the dollar store.

If the cable is failing, my guess is it is too flexible. Look for a thicker one.

Go to view the customer review of those 2 Amazon link as well as the Ebay link:

All of them said it doesn't work or only works for a few days

at amazon: 398 1 star review, 222 2 star review
at ebay: 242 -ve review in 1 mth, 2653 -ve review in 12 mth

I would spend a bit more up front and get that anker one, it's not that much more expensive in the grand scheme of things for having smart ports and high customer satisfaction and reliability.

Yeah, Anker is tough to beat. Their customer service is top notch, and I have had very good success with their products. They are always my first go to for anything mobile related..

§

I would spend a bit more up front and get that anker one, it's not that much more expensive in the grand scheme of things for having smart ports and high customer satisfaction and reliability.

but there are 339 -ve review on that same page

user comment like this

I've only used the car charger under 10 uses and it went dead. Does charge any more and is nothing more than a paper weight. Looked into a possible exchange but not able to because it's over 30 days old. I saw how others had the same problem. It's a great charger for a few uses. Don't waste your money!

i use the non-premium monoprice cables. there is more strain relief on the connector ends. cheaper and last longer than the premium version.

the downside is that the connector end is larger, so if you're using a case on your phone it might not fit.

USB cables are cheap, especially if you avoid the ones sold by a certain... Mobster. The biggest problem I face is that the little retainer clips at the end of the microUSB wear out after a month or so of use. Fortunately, Monoprice sells in bulk.

I have 3 Anker chargers and am still using them all (2 wall mounts and the one linked above).

It works very well.

Back