Instagram Deletes Millions Of Accounts In Spam Purge

HardOCP News

[H] News
But....but...but....what about all those followers I paid for?

Photo-sharing app Instagram has removed millions of accounts believed to be posting spam, angering many legitimate users. People who lost a lot of followers criticised the action, dubbing it the "Instagram Rapture". Like its parent company Facebook, Instagram routinely removes accounts to limit spam and prevent users buying followers to appear more popular. Rapper Akon reportedly lost 56% of his followers in the cull.

Someone recently used my email address to sign up for one. Turns out you don't have to even confirm the account. I took over the Instagram account and closed it.

Someone recently used my email address to sign up for one. Turns out you don't have to even confirm the account. I took over the Instagram account and closed it.

you should have had some fun with it first.

Saw this on gaf earlier and someone posted this

cfxrJ4n.png

I am not really sure what exactly instagram is but it's funny. It somehow corresponded great with last South Park episode I watched.

For funsies I decided to look into chiragchirag78's situation and found this page.. http://socialblade.com/instagram/user/chiragchirag78. From what is shown there, have to assume a total fake account. Only 2 pictures uploaded and over 3 million "followers"?? Every day losing "followers" but suddenly had a one day "gained" of 83,174?? Apparently it was an account that was for sale which explains everything!!

Back