48K Federal Employees Affected By Background Check Hack

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like a bunch of federal employees are about to get a free month of credit monitoring from their employer. :rolleyes:

The Office of Personnel Management is alerting more than 48,000 federal employees their personal information may have been exposed following a breach at KeyPoint Government Solutions, which conducts background investigations of federal employees seeking security clearances.

Well, it's not enough that SAIC has allowed my medical information to be compromised twiced, now I learn that OPM itself was hacked followed by USIS, (who did my last periodic reinvestigation), and hey, why not another although I don't think KeyPoint had anything to do with my stuff.

I suppose credit monitoring could be an issue but much more important is that with this level of personal information on people it seriously exposes them to subversion attempts. Just knowing who has a clearance and access allows enemies to make attempts to turn good guys into bad guys. It's really easier then you might think if you have a skilled agent after you.

I someone kicked my dog and my sister's really hot and likes to date geeks.............

I's anyone there ? :(

I someone kicked my dog and my sister's really hot and likes to date geeks.............

I's anyone there ? :(

Oh, we're here. We're just too busy monitoring your credit to respond...

Well, it's not enough that SAIC has allowed my medical information to be compromised twiced, now I learn that OPM itself was hacked followed by USIS, (who did my last periodic reinvestigation), and hey, why not another although I don't think KeyPoint had anything to do with my stuff.

I suppose credit monitoring could be an issue but much more important is that with this level of personal information on people it seriously exposes them to subversion attempts. Just knowing who has a clearance and access allows enemies to make attempts to turn good guys into bad guys. It's really easier then you might think if you have a skilled agent after you.

Wow, new ways to hurt our country. Sounds like the NSA is doing us a lot of good insisting they keep their backdoors. ;)

Back