Chrono Trigger Android/iOS $5 plus other Square RPGs cheap

Picked up Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger. Already had most of the Final Fantasy titles. Shame that Dragon Quest 3's still ten bucks. I'd totally have picked that one up too. I've got 1, 2, and 4.

Thanks!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=SQUARE+ENIX+Co.,Ltd.&hl=en

Deals are listed there for Android; please avoid Polygon links whenever possible as they are not an honest or good source of information.

tumblr_mebi0dDzqX1qdr3s3o2_500.gif

Seriously, it's a list of sale prices. Their journalism might be absolute crap (along with the rest of VOX), but it's a list of sale prices.

Seriously, it's a list of sale prices. Their journalism might be absolute crap (along with the rest of VOX), but it's a list of sale price.

Traffic to their site is traffic to their site and generates ad revenue regardless. Avoid them, period. There are countless other sites you could have linked.

Whatever. I saw the list linked by someone of FB, and I copied the relevant links here. I'm not going to spend any time worrying about what sites I link to for a deal on mobile games. Stop threadcrapping.:rolleyes:

Whatever. I saw the list linked by someone of FB, and I copied the relevant links here. I'm not going to spend any time worrying about what sites I link to for a deal on mobile games. Stop threadcrapping.:rolleyes:

I provided a valid and actually more useful link, too. Just because I said something you didn't like does not make it threadcrapping, but I'll give you the same advice: stop threadcrapping. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Friggin' whiners. Gotta imagine this guy starting a conversation in real life, but when it goes to something he disagrees with, "Stop talking about this! I started this conversation and I don't approve! Waaah! You said something I didn't consider useful but somehow my complaining about it is valid and useful, waaaaaaaah!"

Aside from the admins of this site (who uselessly link hardocp from the news forum rather than just linking the real link from the news forum), people want useful links, not to click through 8 sites to find the thing they are looking for, especially when it's a site like Polygon. You could've just let it go as "oh, he provided an alternate link, whatever" with no reply.

Cry moar. (Edit: And he actually does! LOL!)

Last edited:
Secret of Mana works fine for me. Chrono Trigger and FF6 both crash on start up with Android 5.01 on my Nexus 7. Anyone else having difficulty?

never played any chrono game. This might be my reason

never played any chrono game. This might be my reason

Chrono Trigger is one of those games every gamer needs to play eventually. I put it up there with the likes of OG Mario, Mario 3, Super Mario World, Half Life 1 and 2, Unreal, Quake and CiV III.
For $5, it's a no-brainer.

Except you came in here with your political raging against some random gaming site, telling me to
Avoid them, period. There are countless other sites you could have linked.
Furthermore, your link only provides the Google Play store links and not the iOS ones, and thus is entirely a waste of time for many. My link provides BOTH so that no matter a reader's platform, they can get to what they want. So take your off topic, threadcrapping rants against the way [H] or Polygon is run to a forum/thread where it is relevant and people might actually care. Because this isn't it. (Note, an OP cannot threadcrap his own thread... by definition.)

See also, #s 3 and 4.

Best JRPG ever, and it's not even close.
I tend to agree. The difficulty curve is spot on, the characters are interesting and unique, the animations and design is incredible, and the plot is amazing.
Despite those high marks, and though not AS good, Chrono Cross was a VERy good product as well. harder to get ahold of these days, however, being a PS1 game.

Jesus okay already, just let it go.

Go play some japanapan game.
:::pout::: FINE!

But... Chrono Trigger or FFVI? ;)

yea...chrono trigger is right there with FFIII in my book (I think that's the same one as FFVI). Awesome RPG. Maybe it's just nostalgia, though, but FFIII still wins :)

Chrono trigger is sweet if I haven't just played it through again on my psp I might pick it up.. So FFIII the better of the FF games ? Thanks

I would love to buy these, except for square saddling the games with online drm, that pretty much kills it for me.

Picked up DQ2 and saved $3, lol.. still replaying DQ8 atm.

Thanks Modred! Lemme know if you ever spot DQ4 on sale :)

Tough call, but I'd say CT is very slightly better. FF6 is definitely the best FF, though.

I can't play an early Final Fantasy game anymore. As an adult I have come to be seriously annoyed by random battles.

Chrono Trigger could probably get another run-through though, so thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
I can't play an early Final Fantasy game anymore. As an adult I have come to be seriously annoyed by random battles.

Yeah. And sometimes treasure chests contain a sword you already spent the last few days grinding to afford at the shop, and other times it's just a damn monster-in-a-box.. sorta like real life :p

tumblr_mebi0dDzqX1qdr3s3o2_500.gif

Seriously, it's a list of sale prices. Their journalism might be absolute crap (along with the rest of VOX), but it's a list of sale prices.

Traffic to their site is traffic to their site and generates ad revenue regardless. Avoid them, period. There are countless other sites you could have linked.

I provided a valid and actually more useful link, too. Just because I said something you didn't like does not make it threadcrapping, but I'll give you the same advice: stop threadcrapping. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Friggin' whiners. Gotta imagine this guy starting a conversation in real life, but when it goes to something he disagrees with, "Stop talking about this! I started this conversation and I don't approve! Waaah! You said something I didn't consider useful but somehow my complaining about it is valid and useful, waaaaaaaah!"

Aside from the admins of this site (who uselessly link hardocp from the news forum rather than just linking the real link from the news forum), people want useful links, not to click through 8 sites to find the thing they are looking for, especially when it's a site like Polygon. You could've just let it go as "oh, he provided an alternate link, whatever" with no reply.

Cry moar. (Edit: And he actually does! LOL!)

Thanks Modred!

Oh, and I've spent the last several minutes clicking on every ad I can find on Polygon, just because :D

Back