Bots Now Outnumber Humans On The Web

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess it's better to have bots overtake us on the internet than it would be in the real world. ;) All joking aside, I thought this happened years ago

Today, bots account for 56 percent of all of website visits, says Marc Gaffan, CEO of Incapsula, a company that sells online security services. Incapsula recently an an analysis of 20,000 websites to get a snapshot of part of the web, and on smaller websites, it found that bot traffic can run as high as 80 percent.

I was wondering how sites that were not shopping-related had stats of "millions of visitors". It's those damn bots!

What are bros though? I know about search engine bros but those definitely can not account for 56 percent of traffic alone.

Given site ad revenue is driven by clicks and there is little to any auditing done is it any wonder people would setup automation to cheat the system.

Is this why yesterday I had 5 people from Russia and 2 people from the US visit my little rinky dink website?

Given site ad revenue is driven by clicks and there is little to any auditing done is it any wonder people would setup automation to cheat the system.

Online ads are now almost entirely clicked through by bots, huge amounts of people are now running adblock all the time. The system will fall apart eventually.

Online ads are now almost entirely clicked through by bots, huge amounts of people are now running adblock all the time. The system will fall apart eventually.

I agree, we've got a multibillion dollar industry propped up by advertisements most people have trained themselves to ignore being visited by bots.

And bots make wordpress sites for other bots to read...you humans didn't think you're the only ones, did you?

We've been Bot out.

Puns, People! It's the only way to repel them. Otherwise we will all succumb to Botulism.

:D

Someone accused me of being a BOT on another forums due to the amount of posts I make =)
and ignoring those around me

Back