Thermalright Silver Arrow ITX Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are shopping for a new CPU cooler, you might want to check out this review of the Thermalright Silver Arrow ITX at ocaholic today.

With the Silver Arrow ITX, Thermalright has an impressive cooler for miniITX motherboards in its portfolio. Equipped with six heatpipes and one 150 millimeter fan, this heatsink means some serious business. Apart from that Thermalright decided to provide this cooler with a black nickel plating, which makes it look very nice.

That's a lot of cooler for such a small space. I like the RAM clearance also.

Good cooler. But it's not a 150mm fan. It is a TY-149 140mm 300-1300rpm. Same fan as TY-147 A with red fan instead of white. ;)

Good review except for fan size and of course, the usual "room ambient" temperature instead of the actual cooler intake air temp .. meaning we end up with how well their enviorment performs with cooler rather than actual cooler performance.

At least now more testers are starting to use cooler intake air temp and giving more results of how well the cooler performs rather than test system with cooler performance.

And TRUE Spirit 120 i.

If you were closer I would steal 5 of them! :(
Great deal on some very good fans. Only reason they are not super popular is because few people know how good they really are. I've compared them to NF-A15 and NF-A14 IPPC and they have same performance / noise at same RPM .. and new TY-147 A even idles at 300rpm !

TY-14xseriesfanPWMtoRPM_zps159afb80.png

NF-A15 & NF-A14 even have same blade design as TY-14x fans
NF-A14A15ampTY-140seriesblade_zpsf5eb68aa.jpg

Nice comparison. I moved the (2) at the top so they exhaust out a mesh side panel in front of the gpu's. I want to replace the H100 in my ITX build with a Thermalright or Noctua PWM heat sink. Don't trust the cheap bearings and seals on these toy pumps.

Wish motherboard manufacturers would provide more temperature sensors for PWM control. Other than Sabertooth's, I believe all fan headers (cpu and chassis) are controlled by a single CPU temperature input. Ditch the onboard wifi and bluetooth and give us better fan control!

Uoen8rQl.jpg

fbD3nDLl.jpg

pFE9AjDl.jpg

Nice looking rigs!

Here's an independent test comparing TY-141 & TY-143 to NF-A15 & NF-A14
TY-141143NH-A15ampNF-A14IPPCCFMdbaH2O_zpsebc59792.png

Back