Xbox One Comes With Three Free Games + Free Shipping

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft is offering three free games with the Xbox One today. The catch? One of the games is Assassin's Creed Unity and the deal is today only. Still, that puts the price (not counting the two Assassin's Creed games) at less than $290 + free shipping. :eek:

Holy hell. I have no interest in the xbone but at that price....

Microsoft is def reaching for more sales. Sony hurting them that bad eh? Sony just needs to keep their network stable.

Went to jump on it since GTA 5 was in the free game list. Went to the bathroom came back and GTA 5 was soldout... Dammit that was what made the deal for me.

They should bundle in a PC, so that you'd have something decent to game on. You could then use the Xbox as like a media center extender for the kid's room or something to prop your feet on when sitting on the couch and so forth...

Microsoft is def reaching for more sales. Sony hurting them that bad eh? Sony just needs to keep their network stable.

Good luck with Sony keeping their network stable, has not happened yet. :D Looks more like Microsoft is turning up the heat which is fine by mean, it is cold and snowing around these parts. :)

Have to say, I have been very happy with the One since I have got it in January. This deal just makes it sweeter for those who are getting in now. Enjoy. :D

They should bundle in a PC, so that you'd have something decent to game on. You could then use the Xbox as like a media center extender for the kid's room or something to prop your feet on when sitting on the couch and so forth...

Nah, both these systems are just fine. Wait, did DPI put dollarsignSoft down again? Will wonders never cease. :eek: Thank you Steve for the heads up, much appreciated.

Not sure why they didn't do this from the beginning, MS has piles of money, Sony is in the hole so bad it isn't even funny.

True, but the CEO has only been there 10 months. And now that they are fighting a price war they are doing it on all fronts. You can buy a Windows Phone, Windows tablet, Windows laptop and an XBox One for like $800 and get a year of Office 365 on some of those cheap tablets and laptops. That's just freaking insane.

...GTA 5 was soldout... Dammit that was what made the deal for me.
I saw the store webpage when GTA5 was still available, finally arrive home to buy the bundle, and it's not even in there! I promised no XB1 for me... and no PS4 or Sony products either, last weekend I tried 1E06 times to submit order for the anniversary edition already on my cart.

Not sure why they didn't do this from the beginning, MS has piles of money, Sony is in the hole so bad it isn't even funny.

Poor upper management decisions. Why bother putting a Kinect 2.0 in each launch console? The only things I use Kinect for are voice commands and even those are pointless as you can hold down the Center Xbox button and get all the commands through snap functions.

I think Microsoft is knocking it out of the park minus their stance on Indie game releases (Microsoft first then everyone otherwise they pass..).

I think this tactic will catch MS up dramatically with Sony. Phil seems to know the audience is he working for unlike Don who couldn't rub to dimes together if his life depended on it (How's that job at Zynga treating you Don? :rolleyes:)

Meh...I thought about it. I figured it was a good deal and my nephew would of liked it. But wife talked me out of it.

As for us, no need for a Xbox One or PS4. WiiU and PC for us, although the kids still play on the 360 every so often.

Thats a pretty good price... still doesn't beat the $329.99 I paid for the Xbox One AC bundle, with two extra games, and 12 months Xbox Live they had on a flash sail on black Friday :D

/troll on
Microsoft is very very very desperate to sell these junk consoles.....they lost the console war, give up.
/troll off

/troll on
Microsoft is very very very desperate to sell these junk consoles.....they lost the console war, give up.
/troll off
Very good Daniel San. Now repeat 100 times, whole forum, then we teach you crane kick.

Thats a pretty good price... still doesn't beat the $329.99 I paid for the Xbox One AC bundle, with two extra games, and 12 months Xbox Live they had on a flash sail on black Friday :D

I got during Black Friday as well at the Microsoft Store. I was about to pick Lords of the Fallen as my free game until my brother bothered to ask them if they had GTA 5 in stock. They had no copies of it out on display, which is why I didn't pick it. After they checked their storeroom, they came out with a copy for me. It's almost like they would rather people not pick GTA 5 as their free game.

What was the sale for the one year of xbox live gold, $40?

I ended paying like $80 for gold + their 2 year warranty at the point of purchase. Oh, and I traded in my overheating 360 for $100.

Stay FAR FAR AWAY, regardless of the price. Lower quality hardware and fewer games. MS is getting desperate, that's all.

:rolleyes:
Stay FAR FAR AWAY, regardless of the price. Lower quality hardware and fewer games. MS is getting desperate, that's all.

Thankfully, nobody will listen to you. :D Good thing we all have our own brain to think with.

Thankfully, nobody will listen to you. :D Good thing we all have our own brain to think with.

If I was a console only gamer, or even as a PC gamer looking to only buy one console I'd spent the extra for a PS4. $50 or so + cheaper yearly online fees pretty much works out to be the same price after a few years. Even if it doesn't, I'd pay the price of a game to get slightly better hardware.

But this is certainly a good deal for those who want a One. Very aggressive pricing on it might be the thing to save it.

If I was a console only gamer, or even as a PC gamer looking to only buy one console I'd spent the extra for a PS4. $50 or so + cheaper yearly online fees pretty much works out to be the same price after a few years. Even if it doesn't, I'd pay the price of a game to get slightly better hardware.

But this is certainly a good deal for those who want a One. Very aggressive pricing on it might be the thing to save it.

Hardly cheaper online fees unless you pay full price every year. (I do not and average less than $40 a year.) You said it correctly, slightly better hardware which in the long run will make little to no difference. However, I would not fault you for buying that just as I know you would not fault me for having the One. (PS4 just does not do it for me, I need something more than just a gaming device.)

Microsoft must be selling these at a loss in order to regain market share.

Microsoft must be selling these at a loss in order to regain market share.

Perhaps or at least, they are breaking even in the hardware department. What how Sony will respond to this in the long run since they are bleeding cash almost everywhere else?

Perhaps or at least, they are breaking even in the hardware department. What how Sony will respond to this in the long run since they are bleeding cash almost everywhere else?

If it comes down to a pricing war, Microsoft is in a much better position to win that than Sony.

If you had HALF a brain, you wouldn't be buying an underpowered console with fewer games than the competition!

It's not "perhaps", they are most certainly taking a huge loss. $70 price drop (or $170 if you count the original Kinect SKU), subsidizing 2-3 games (who do you think is paying Ubisoft for the bundled Assassin's Creed?), and free 1 year of live?

They did end up beating the PS4 in November, but only by 10k units. That is... not a good sign. Sony doesn't need to respond; if Microsoft couldn't even catch up with the crazy discounts, then the 2:1 worldwide gap is only going to get wider.

I'd be highly surprised if they don't make the price drop permanent, because realistically, who is going to buy an Xbone, with no games, at $399 now?

It's not "perhaps", they are most certainly taking a huge loss. $70 price drop (or $170 if you count the original Kinect SKU), subsidizing 2-3 games (who do you think is paying Ubisoft for the bundled Assassin's Creed?), and free 1 year of live?

They did end up beating the PS4 in November, but only by 10k units. That is... not a good sign. Sony doesn't need to respond; if Microsoft couldn't even catch up with the crazy discounts, then the 2:1 worldwide gap is only going to get wider.

I'd be highly surprised if they don't make the price drop permanent, because realistically, who is going to buy an Xbone, with no games, at $399 now?

We'll see when the numbers come out at the end of January. I doubt they're taking huge losses. And even if Sony doesn't need to respond the bottom line is that they can't even if they did need to respond. People who think that Microsoft is bleeding money, well Sony actually is. The PS4 is all Sony's got right now and it's no where near enough. At the end of the consoles don't really make a lot of money.

Nephew got a xbone a few weeks back with Assassin's Creed Unity and Black Flag.
He swore unity was the worst game he's ever played.
He loves Black Flag.
He moved last weekend and the new place doesn't have internet, didn't know he had to go online to enable offline play so until the cable guy shows up in 2 more weeks his xbone is a paperweight.
I'm not too interested in a console right now, especially with all the day one patches.

Wow, did someone piss on your PS4 today? Great, you have insider information, care to share the source of that?

Ps3 still working just fine as a media console. Not much point to this gen for me as I pc game fairly exclusively. I waited on ps3 to play the last of us and heavy rain but that is all I played.

Ps4 still sits gathering dust. The x1 still gets used almost daily. Still haven't met anyone who can reliably tell the difference between the two in gameplay or graphics while playing a game.

The only thing the ps4 has going for it for me is bloodborne so hopefully that delivers.

Give them some time, they seem to be trying to turn it all around. Luckily they don't have to worry about a price war, they probably won't drop the price till E3 and thinking 349.99 or if they can manage 299.99.

They don't have to slash the price 170 dollars and bundle 3 free games with a gift card included to move consoles. :p

Give them some time, they seem to be trying to turn it all around. Luckily they don't have to worry about a price war, they probably won't drop the price till E3 and thinking 349.99 or if they can manage 299.99.

They don't have to slash the price 170 dollars and bundle 3 free games with a gift card included to move consoles. :p

Yet, dude, yet. :p

Still haven't met anyone who can reliably tell the difference between the two in gameplay or graphics while playing a game.
That's a good point, they both do look pretty reliably bad. Its like Taco Bell Waffle Taco vs. McDonald's McGriddles; either way you are going to regret it down the road.

Back