Facebook Wants To Use AI To Prevents You From Uploading Embarrassing Pics

HardOCP News

[H] News
Something like this would seriously take all the fun out of Facebook. :(

But Yann LeCun aims to stop such unbridled behavior—or at least warn people when they’re about to do something they might regret. He wants to build a kind of Facebook digital assistant that will, say, recognize when you’re uploading an embarrassingly candid photo of your late-night antics. In a virtual way, he explains, this assistant would tap you on the shoulder and say: “Uh, this is being posted publicly. Are you sure you want your boss and your mother to see this?”

It's called a confirmation dialog. How the fuck does this guy have a job?

I bet he's one of those people who tries to develop a magnetic, gas-powered propulsion platform when he could have just bought a ladder at Target.

What a spoilsport..the only joy I get out of Stupidbook is people posting stupid shit.

how about instead of more over head everything posts to your friends and you mark stuff to be visible publicly the morning when you are sober...

What a blatant lie.

They want an excuse to scan your pictures, analyze it in detail automatically, and mine it for data to store and sell to the highest bidder.

Because someone would hear that Facebook is doing this, the cover story is that its for your own benefit because you, the user, are retarded.

I have an even better solution.

Stop using farcebook altogether. Everyone's an exhibitionist these days. goddamn mental disorder of oversharing shit.

Back