Sony Hacked Again, This Time The PlayStation Network

HardOCP News

[H] News
Déjà vu all over again? Sony just can't seem to catch a break lately.

Although the online store for games, films and TV shows seems to be back up and running once again, visitors to the site were brought to a halt on Sunday night with a message reading, "Page Not Found! It's not you. It's the Internet's fault." Gamers have also reported difficulties while trying to play online games.

Sony. McAfee never has and never will be enough to call something protected. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

I realize that if hackers really have a hard on to get to you they're going to do it and succeed but really. Enough of this. As techrat said Sony really needs to get their shit together.

I'd say sony's DRM isn't protecting their data anymore. ;) By now I'd think they fired the wrong person and he's been getting revenge.

I wonder if MSFT has anything to do with this ... ;)

I'm guessing not since they got hit as well along with future Xmas threats.

http://windowsitpro.com/paul-thurrotts-wininfo/hacker-group-takes-down-xbox-live-psn.

Looking ahead, Lizard Squad has threatened to bring at least Xbox Live down on Christmas day, a move that could ruin the holiday for millions of people. "Microsoft will receive a wonderful Christmas present from us," the group claimed via a series of tweets on Twitter. [Last week's outage is] "just a small dose of what's to come on Christmas ... This is not a threat but a promise ... On December 25 aka Christmas, we will tap in to Microsoft and shut down Xbox Live, FOREVER! So enjoy it while it lasts."

These people really need a life. I propose drawing and quartering these POS individuals. I cannot understand how people get their rocks on by annoying the hell out of people.

A DDoS is not a hack.
+1

"Hack" infers that a system was breached. The only things the DDoS attacks against Xbox Live, Steam and PSN accomplished was clogging up the pipes.

I guess a better analogue would be there were multiple toddlers having simultaneous temper tantrums in every single checkout line.

Well, I am sure the PS4 is great though, right?????? Hummm, glad my Xbox Live Gold account is up and running. :) Seriously though, hope no one gets anything stolen from them.

Is there anything that companies can do to truly protect their systems from being taken down by DDoS attacks? Or is it just a matter of you know you are going to get hit in the face...how quick can I get back up off the ground?

Is there anything that companies can do to truly protect their systems from being taken down by DDoS attacks? Or is it just a matter of you know you are going to get hit in the face...how quick can I get back up off the ground?

For the most part, yes. That's why calling this a "hack" is stupid, and even though the "LOL WE BREACHED YOUR SECURITY AND STOLE THE CC INFO OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE" can use an excuse that they were somehow doing everyone a favor by forcing a company to improve their security, the idiots that launch DDoS attacks can't even make that stretch of a justification.

I was wondering why my update kept timing out...should have been able to guess what was happening...

Damn. These guys are making a name for themselves. Kind of like ISIS, though. You have to be a real asshole to agree with what they are doing.

Gamers? Pissed off. Corporations? Pissed off. Average person caught in the crossfire? Pissed off. Hacktivists? Pissed off. Hacker wannabe in the basement? Probably happy until they go to play a game.

They have no agenda, other than to piss people off. Assholes.

They should hack the Sony store so nobody gets their anniversary PS4s.

Maybe PS4 games should come with a backup PC copy. So the next time the PS4 network is down, people can play their games on a PC.

So, um, I was looking at my Facebook feeds and I see a post from Geeks.com saying Sony had passwords placed in a folder called Passwords.... :eek:

Back