2K Games Confirms BioShock Infinite on Linux

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
2K Games announced on Friday that Linux will be getting another major video game on its platform: BioShock Infinite is coming to Linux in early 2015. Look for more specific details to follow in January from 2K Games. Thanks to forum member railhaus for the heads up. :cool:

Hopefully it's a better effort than the Linux version of Metro LL, that was basically just the PS3 version with resolution options.

This must be really exciting news for the 14 people that game on Linux. :D

sweet another old as hell game coming to *nix. celebrate! :rolleyes:

Wow, another way to buy a game that came out several years ago. I'm confused as to why they bother. It's built on Unreal anyway so if they had cared even slightly it wouldn't have been hard to release a Linux port ages ago.

Yes! Every new title to linux is another nail to Windows's coffin. If the two games I play would get support I would go 100% off windows.

I believe the fact that we consider a games age to be way older than it really is defines the way we ultimately see things nowadays. If it isn't 24 to 48 hours young and full of high recommended specs it is irrelevant then?

So far out of my Steam library the only games that aren't ported to linux are Dark Souls 1&2, Magicka, Orcs Must Die! 2, SiN, Skyrim, and Metro 2033. Not bad, but does need more cowbell.

Surprisingly Blizzard still hasn't ported their games to linux, though I currently don't play any.

So far out of my Steam library the only games that aren't ported to linux are Dark Souls 1&2, Magicka, Orcs Must Die! 2, SiN, Skyrim, and Metro 2033. Not bad, but does need more cowbell.

Surprisingly Blizzard still hasn't ported their games to linux, though I currently don't play any.

Thats a hell of a lot more titles than just a couple of years ago! The main thing is that the tide seems to be turning - and to a positive way.

sweet another old as hell game coming to *nix. celebrate! :rolleyes:

It's what happens when people elect to use a minority platform for gaming. It's people who do very little computer gaming who use the so-called "alternative" OSes.

It's what happens when people elect to use a minority platform for gaming. It's people who do very little computer gaming who use the so-called "alternative" OSes.

No it doesn't have anything to do with that, what it is, is companies starting to pay attention to Linux because of android. They are thinking google may make a big push and when that happens they want to have their act together. Notice people were using a minority platform for decades and there was a time when enough people used Linux it was actually meaningful in comparison to OSX that time is gone and OSX is way more meaningful than Linux now. So its obvious that some outside force must be garnering attention.

I believe the fact that we consider a games age to be way older than it really is defines the way we ultimately see things nowadays. If it isn't 24 to 48 hours young and full of high recommended specs it is irrelevant then?

This pretty much seems to be the case.

I haven't finished BioShock Infinite yet, mostly because I keep getting distracted with other games that are just as old, if not older. How long can I keep the gray hairs at bay...

Yes! Every new title to linux is another nail to Windows's coffin. If the two games I play would get support I would go 100% off windows.

Sorry but I don't seen a game supporting linux, two years after it's release on Windows as being a nail in MS coffin, although it being front page news does show that linux support is lacking in games.

Not a linux a desktop fan/user... but very happy alternatives are becoming more viable for more users.

Back