CBS and Dish Reach Deal

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Almost miraculously after Dish Network’s CBS programming went dark, CBS and Dish Network reached an accord that will ensure programming from CBS to continue in a multi-year contract.

Dish is also putting some significant restrictions on its controversial Hopper DVR, effectively disabling automatic ad skipping for the first week after a show aired on CBS. In return, CBS is dropping its lawsuit against the Hopper.

Can't remember the last there was a show on one of the major networks (NBC, CBS, ABC, fox) that wasn't cringe inducingly bad enough to bother watching. I guess simples still can't be without these channels. Seriously, watch one of the excellent shows by AMC, HBO, showtime or hell even Netflix (house of cards( etc) then go try to watch ANYTHING on a broadcast network and prepare to be gayed the f ck out.

Can't remember the last there was a show on one of the major networks (NBC, CBS, ABC, fox) that wasn't cringe inducingly bad enough to bother watching. I guess simples still can't be without these channels. Seriously, watch one of the excellent shows by AMC, HBO, showtime or hell even Netflix (house of cards( etc) then go try to watch ANYTHING on a broadcast network and prepare to be gayed the f ck out.

ditto, anytime there is something that they hype the shit out of and it interests me to watch it,
they cancel it mid sentence without any conclusion. fucking waste of time. i no longer start watching anything from broadcast television unless it has 4 seasons.

fuck the broadcast tv series.

"Dish is also putting some significant restrictions on its controversial Hopper DVR, effectively disabling automatic ad skipping for the first week after a show aired on CBS. In return, CBS is dropping its lawsuit against the Hopper."

Good grief these greed mongers just will not let go of last century. Gotta say it's a genuine pleasure watching them squirm before being sent to final extinction.

House of Cards is awesome, as are shows on HBO and Showtime, but AMC has been kinda meh for me. I tried to watch Mad Men about 3-4 times and always lost interest within 20-30 minutes. Hell on Wheels just got really boring too and The Walking Dead is 90% filler crap with a few good episodes here and there. Hannibal was pretty good on NBC though.

People have lots of different interests, and just because they watch CBS procedurals or ABC's Shonda Rimes shows, or the NFL doesn't mean they don't watch shows on the cable networks.

But GoT is 10 episodes a year while TWD is 16; the cable companies don't produce all that much content so there are plenty of hours that are filled up by watching the new content on the broadcast networks.

You realize CBS owns Showtime right? The major networks own a huge chunk of non-OTA channels as well as the OTA channels.

Hannibal, one of the best shows on tv, stands right up there with any cable show on now imo.

Brilliant acting, great storylines, AMAZING art designs. It's from Bryan Fuller (Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies).

Just got a bigger 4k TV... Finding lots of Dish channels are crap quality... A few are passable, a lot of just junk. I sorta wish I had my older smaller 720p back :eek:.

So between that and this commercial deal just means more usenet!

Not willing to spend $50 per season... (streaming or disk).

Would be willing to spend 50-100 per month on subscription service depending on content.

Back