Assassin's Creed Unity Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The staff at Overclockers Club have given Assassin's Creed Unity a well deserved flogging. It seems as though they wanted to like the game but there were just too many strikes against it.

So, is it worth visiting the French Revolution and fighting for the Assassins? Not really. As it is now, we are talking about an 'it was a mediocre time, it was the worst of times' when it comes to the general experience and the performance. Even if the performance issues are fixed (and I hope they are), we are still talking about what I find to be a somewhat mediocre title.

I have only played the first two. I liked them, but I am so far behind that I do not know if I care to catch up the series.

I have only played the first two. I liked them, but I am so far behind that I do not know if I care to catch up the series.

You've literally missed next to nothing, AC series drags out storylines flat out pathetically long

I'm talking like every game past the second after you beat it only extends the stories plot about two sentences at most

I haven't finished it but this is probably one I like the least of the series. That doesn't make it a terrible game. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I think Ubisoft should have released just Rogue and all platforms this year. Then in 2015 release Unity, I think another year would've helped the bugs and performance issues. Possibly even make the story coop as well, which would've nice.

I've played a few coop missions and when they go well its really fun. It finally felt like the assassin's were a brotherhood and not one guy saving the day.

You've literally missed next to nothing, AC series drags out storylines flat out pathetically long

I'm talking like every game past the second after you beat it only extends the stories plot about two sentences at most

And this is my issue with it. I loved the idea of the series, plus it was fun to play. However, after playing through them more and more I gave up. As fun as the game was I played it for the story, which was going no where.

Back