Uber Vows To Improve 'Company Culture' And Privacy

HardOCP News

[H] News
Just secured another $1.2 billion in funding? Hell yeah I'm going to tell the public I'm going to be more humble in the future. ;)

On the heels of a financing round that raised the service another $1.2 billion, Uber says it'll strive to be "a smarter and more humble company" in the coming months. The ride-sharing app's massive growth in 2014 certainly hasn't been without stumbles.

I've heard of Uber a handful of times in the news and it was always in a negative light. Still, that itself is free advertising, so not surprised they're getting quite popular.

The company is rotten to the core. What else would you expect from a bunch of shitstains that worship Randian policies?

The company is rotten to the core. What else would you expect from a bunch of shitstains that worship Randian policies?
By 'Randian' are you referring to Paul Rand the prolific graphic designer or Rand Paul the politician? Because Paul Rand was pretty cool.

By 'Randian' are you referring to Paul Rand the prolific graphic designer or Rand Paul the politician? Because Paul Rand was pretty cool.

The other man. Ayn Rand.

Used Uber a couple times to the airport. Fast and reliable at least in my area.

I've taken uber several times. All went well until my last trip back from the airport... the driver tailed another car (that did cut in front of him) to a stop light, and nearly got out to confront the other guy , screaming and cussing like a lunatic. I am never using this company again.

I've taken uber several times. All went well until my last trip back from the airport... the driver tailed another car (that did cut in front of him) to a stop light, and nearly got out to confront the other guy , screaming and cussing like a lunatic. I am never using this company again.

That's not a Uber thing though. That's pretty much how men drive. They're always angry, competitive, aggressive, and really easily upset. It's mostly just a hormonal problem so there's not much I think that you can do to fix it either and while Uber drivers should be a little more professional when they represent the company, I dunno how you'd really fix that if you have male employees.

Well you fire them, if you complained and the kept the guy that would be an issue. But yeah, cab drivers do the same and I would expect them to be fired as well.

They're waiting to go public and then bail, that's all.

When does that ever happen. Sell the company to a bigger fish and bail? OK, that happens. When has a high profile company ever gone public and the founders bail?

This opinion/attitude is one of my arguments for why uber/lyft should be considered a taxi service (among other things), falling under any laws/regs for such services.

While probably beating a dead horse, everything I hear about these services make me believe AND (as shown in the example above) others that it is a taxi service and not a "ride share" ad hoc service.

But yeah I will be as arrogant or humble as you want fro that kind of money.

That's not a Uber thing though. That's pretty much how men drive. They're always angry, competitive, aggressive, and really easily upset. It's mostly just a hormonal problem so there's not much I think that you can do to fix it either and while Uber drivers should be a little more professional when they represent the company, I dunno how you'd really fix that if you have male employees.

I catch myself thinking this way all the time... its hard not too. But ultimately I think it an an arrogant opinion and not that accurate.

Are there constant aggressive/temperamental drivers? Yup. Do men more often fall into this category? Sure I will buy that. Are ALL MEN ALWAYS behaving like this when driving... No and I highly doubt a majority consistently drive like that.

What I believe happens when huge generalizations like this occur, is that at any time a % of people will behave a certain way or do a certain thing... For each of those individuals a subset may be consistent in behaving that way but a larger portion do not behave that way normally. Maybe they are having a bad day, or other such temporary situation. With enough people or interactions you will consistently run into such behaviors though. Making it seem like all blah blah blah do blah blah.

I catch myself doing this all the time. Some one cuts me off, and I think that person is a horrible driver and inconsiderate blah blah blah. In actuality that person might cut someone off once every 40 hours of driving and I just happened to be the one.

Is the act still dangerous and inconsiderate? Yeah. Do we all do it form time to time for various special circumstances. Yes 99% do I feel safe in saying, at least once in a while.

Though there are ways to communicate "sorry/ooops" like a wave out the window or as I do a shrug and hands up like "oh crap". Hoping the person I just cut off/offended understands it wasn't intentional or common.

Back