North Korea Denies Hacking Sony

HardOCP News

[H] News
There you have it, a diplomat from North Korea has officially denied any involvement in the attack on Sony. It kinda makes sense though, wouldn't your people need stuff like electricity and computers in order to hack anything? :D

"My country publicly declared that it would follow international norms banning hacking and piracy," the diplomat said. The denial from North Korea regarding the Sony hacking came despite sources telling Reuters that cyber investigators had found connections to North Korea in the form of hacking tools similar to those used by that country in previous attacks on South Korea.

...despite sources telling Reuters that cyber investigators had found connections to North Korea in the form of hacking tools similar to those used by that country in previous attacks on South Korea

So it came from a similar Windows 95 machine running the same Telnet client?

do the tools originate from china who possibly teaches nk so therefore the foot prints are similar?

I love the videos of tours where they have people actively working on computers during tours and they are all stuck at the windows login screen.

My sources tell me it was a yellow-stained beige Windows for Workgroups 3.11 machine. It was running on top of DOS 6.22. It may have been connected to a coax network. Since then the terminator has been removed from one end, giving us no visibility into the situation. More news as things unfold.

Back