Microsoft Declares Quarterly Dividend

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. on Wednesday announced that its board of directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.31 per share. The dividend is payable March 12, 2015, to shareholders of record on Feb. 19, 2015. The ex-dividend date will be Feb. 17, 2015. The board also amended the Microsoft Corporate Governance Guidelines to make clear its commitment to diversity on the board by actively seeking out highly qualified women and individuals from minority groups to include in the pool from which board nominees are selected.

Is this a lot? I really do not understand these things so someone else that knows, what does this mean?

I prefer to see them as percentages of earnings, best way to look at it is, 4 times a year lets say they do 31cents per share, we'll say 49 a share for academics sake. 10k / 49 is 204. 204*31 6324 so thats 63.24 per quarter, 63.24*4 252.96 so on a 10k investment you rmaking 252.96 dollars per year just owning the shares which translates into i think .0252? so 2.52% and that doesn't account for an increase in the value of the stock which started the year at roughly 40. So yeah its pretty good considering its a blue chip, which usually have a lower rate of return because of the general security of the company

oh i just realized i forgot to account for it started at 40 so probably had even more shares, but you get the idea

Div stocks are pretty awesome, esp if you own a lot of shares. If you start young (even if its only a little bit of money) you will reap those rewards for years and you will thank yourself later in life.

Back