How NVIDIA, And Our CEO, Are Building Brains In Our Backyard

HardOCP News

[H] News
There’s no shortage of success in Silicon Valley. The problem: many of the region’s schools lack the resources to help students achieve the same success. NVIDIA is helping close that gap. Project Inspire, our annual volunteer event in place of a holiday bash, has directed $5.5 million in cash, equipment and labor since 2007 to support the education of local kids.

Our partner, City Year San Jose/Silicon Valley, works with under-served public schools. City Year relies on recent grads – or “corps members” – who put in a year of full-time service as tutors, mentors and role models. This is our sixth year working with City Year on Project Inspire. And it’s our fourth year funding corps members supporting at-risk kids at a San Jose elementary school. Now, City Year will be able to help 3,415 more kids over the next three years – thanks to a $1 million donation by our CEO and co-founder Jen-Hsun Huang and his wife, Lori. It represents City Year’s single largest gift ever.

Good for them.

As for why California is in such a mess.... it is because of the super liberal policies and accompanying super high taxes.

And now that they are pushing for MediCal coverage for illegals, it is only going to get worse.

Any business and people with any sense should just vacate that state and let the politicians left there wallow in their own feces.

Good for them.

As for why California is in such a mess.... it is because of the super liberal policies and accompanying super high taxes.

And now that they are pushing for MediCal coverage for illegals, it is only going to get worse.

Any business and people with any sense should just vacate that state and let the politicians left there wallow in their own feces.

You must be one of them Repulikkkans. Don't you know the only reason there's a problem is because we're not spending enough, thats always the problem, if you just spend a little more, we'll fix it, we promise to *under breath* spend all that money *under breath* and make sure that the next time you go to vote, your short term memory has no recollection of us fucking up the last time because well, we spent that money wisely, to buy ads to deceive you.

With that said, can we move the Anaheim Ducks out to like the Dakkota's, we can move the St. Louis Rams back to Los Angeles, then we can fuck and flush the state completely :)

You people who divide every issue down party lines are disgusting. Seriously. Partisan politics is obfuscation of the real issue and that is that BOTH SIDES are fucking you over.

You people who divide every issue down party lines are disgusting. Seriously. Partisan politics is obfuscation of the real issue and that is that BOTH SIDES are fucking you over.

QFT

Anyone who thinks that voting out Republicans to get Democrats in or visa versa is going to change anything is the reason America is not number one at anything anymore. You are the problem. Until you can open your eyes and realize that they are all the same party nothing is going to change.

I did a little reading and had difficulty figuring out how Overfelt High School in San Jose is "under served." I guess the tennis courts can always use resurfacing.

Actually one side is actually trying to fuck you that is their ends. The other side is lining their own pockets and fucking you over as a means to an end.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Is it wrong that when I see yellow hard hats and them wearing yellow jackets that I immediately thought of minions from Despicable Me?

Yeah, the establishment "Republicans" need to go as well as just about every single Democrat.

They are all one in the same for the most part.

The only real difference is, is that the Democrats basically out-right say they are going to screw you and then berate you if you even think about not voting for them, calling the general population idiots.

The "Republicans" basically claim one thing and then go and side with the Democrats behind the scenes all the while telling you that they are conservative when they are really liberals.

Look at places where actual conservative policies are being implemented. They are thriving.

In the last election where I am at, no Democrats even bothered running for most offices.

And we have a winner.

Not being able to see this clear and constant truth is truly a sign of ignorance.

These are private individuals giving their money away freely, I don't see any reference to public tax dollars here. Why are people having a aneurysm over Democrats and Republicans?

These are private individuals giving their money away freely, I don't see any reference to public tax dollars here. Why are people having a aneurysm over Democrats and Republicans?

California was mentioned, so of course someone has to freak out about lib'rals.

California was mentioned, so of course someone has to freak out about lib'rals.

It would seem so. The fact that people are freaking out over something like this is a big a problem with our politics as any. Someone gives money of their own free will and somehow that has something to do with Democrats taxing and spending? Seriously, pick any school district in the country you want, Red or Blue area, and I'm sure they'd be happy to take the money.

Damn no mention of AMD? no fanboy flareups? just the usual political rants. where's a real troll when you need one......Leslie?

I think everytime someone starts throwing money around like that they are only trying to buy publicity. It is a nice gesture but most charities aren't very efficient. The company is trying to blow sunshine up everyones ass so Facebookers can read the blog and get warm fuzzies. It is just marketing.

Public tax dollars go to the public school system, which according to the article, pretty much sucks.

The sky-high taxes in California should be more than enough for them to have top notch schools that have no need for "charitable" organizations to do what the schools should be doing in the first place.

Actually.. Democrats vs "Republicans" was not brought up. It was the type of policies.

Public tax dollars go to the public school system, which according to the article, pretty much sucks.

The sky-high taxes in California should be more than enough for them to have top notch schools that have no need for "charitable" organizations to do what the schools should be doing in the first place.

But this contribution is not your money nor anyone else's around here. Right wingers should be the last people complaining about what people do with their own money.

Was anyone actually complaining about that?

So the schools in California should have more than enough money because of the sky-high taxes and shouldn't need private money, even if a private concern decides of their own free will that they do need the private cash.

So, yeah, there's one complaint about it.

We could use some backyard brains. Too many people complaining about political stuff in a thread about technology wouldn't happen if there were things were more smarter-er. :p

So the schools in California should have more than enough money because of the sky-high taxes and shouldn't need private money, even if a private concern decides of their own free will that they do need the private cash.

I'm not bashing Nvidia, I'm just saying that if the tax dollars were used like they should be, external groups would most likely not feel like they need to spend money to help the schools out.

Here is a quote from the article:
"The problem: many of the region’s schools lack the resources to help students achieve the same success."

So with all that tax money, they can't seem to have excellent schools like they should.

That's not a "complaint" about a private group using it's money as they see fit. It's an observation that if the tax dollars were spent "better", that such an organization wouldn't be needed in a place like CA.

That's not a "complaint" about a private group using it's money as they see fit. It's an observation that if the tax dollars were spent "better", that such an organization wouldn't be needed in a place like CA.

So again, it's a complaint about someone doing something with their own money because someone else thinks it shouldn't be necessary. That's a judgment left to the person ponying up the cash. If the problem is as you state then I guess he should have used the money to get the tax dollars "better" spent.

So again, it's a complaint about someone doing something with their own money because someone else thinks it shouldn't be necessary. That's a judgment left to the person ponying up the cash. If the problem is as you state then I guess he should have used the money to get the tax dollars "better" spent.

He said it shouldn't have to be done, he didn't complain about them doing it.

If I said that if the North Korean government would feed it's people, no one would have to provide any aid in the form of food... would you consider that to be a complaint about providing aid? If so, that's kind of silly. You've completely missed the point.

Back