Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler

Interesting, but is far from accurate. No idea where the baseline air temp is taken, but obviously not at cooler / radiator intake .. which is the tempurature we need. It is nice to know the room temp too, but the actual intake air temperature is the important one .. and it is not the same as room temperature.

NH-D15 is as good as any and better than all but a select few air coolers .. and like the select few is better than CLC coolers. Slow the fans on CLC down to same noise level and top air is better.

It appears [H]ardForum is also using room temperautre nad not the actual cooler / radiator intake air temp. :(

Slow the fans on CLC down to same noise level and :(
Not really. Some like the H220-X will still beat the D15 which from what I have seen is the best air cooler right now. I loved the D14 before but I got into AIO now so not going back but if I were, the D15 will be my choice.

Not really. Some like the H220-X will still beat the D15 which from what I have seen is the best air cooler right now. I loved the D14 before but I got into AIO now so not going back but if I were, the D15 will be my choice.

I said CLC, not AIO. The only AIOs I know of are the Swiftech H220-X and H240-X .. and of course their original H220 / rebranded as Glacer.

Why is the H220-X not considered a Closed Loop since the comparisons were done stock as a closed loop. Or maybe we are talking about different things.

Closed loop is just that .. a seal system from factory with no provisions for adding coolant .. or changing coolant .. or adding components.

AIO = All in One

CLC = Closed Loop Cooler

All CLCs are AIO, but not not all AIO are CLC. :D

Yeah but technically the H220-x can be considered a close loop as I can use it the way it comes. But ok, I guess you win due to a technicality :D

That's the spirit! ;) The H220-X is a AIO. :D

I'm just a technical kind of guy. :p

Been running a D14 for nearly 4 years now. It actually runs slightly cooler than a H100i (I purchased a H100i to test, thinking it may be better). With aftermarket fans, the H100i will probably best it by a small margin but stock for stock, the D14 was better and quieter.

D14 as far as Im concerned is the best air cooler out there, until the D15. Im debating on a D15 or go with full water system for my up and coming 5930k. I love air cooling still, not a huge fan of the AIO coolers.

Wish I had a D14 to run comparison tests against D15 using the D15's A15 1500rpm fans. I would not be surprised if it cooled just as good as D15.

Back